Question

Email to SMS issue

• 31 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am using an SMTP server to send out emails and texts to notify people of certain events. The SMTP server sends out emails and texts with no issue except when sending to tmobile numbers. I’ve reviewed other questions involving this same issue but can’t seem to come to a resolution. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile will trap e-mails with a large number of recipients as spam. They have several other aggressive spam control techniques. In short, the e-mail-to-SMS gateway is not intended for bulk e-mailings. 

Badge

@drnewcomb I have tried to test this with using just one or two recipients total still no luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

For years, people have posted, “E-mail-to-SMS is broken.” For years, I’ve sent myself test e-mails that all arrive within a minute. I’ve stopped running tests.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This isn’t working if a message is sent from a Comcast e-mail address, the message isn’t received by the phone, but it works via other e-mail domains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

For years, people have posted, “E-mail-to-SMS is broken.” For years, I’ve sent myself test e-mails that all arrive within a minute. I’ve stopped running tests.

its when theyre sending out numerous at once..its flagging them as spam

My job sends out open shifts in this manner but I can’t open them on a Pixel 7 Pro. I get the messages and am told to click to download, but they never download.

Badge

E-mail-to-SMS is broken