Question

email to SMS not working new device, is it automatic, how long, etc..

• 19 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

email to SMS not working to my new device
Only thing that has changed is the physical device.
MMS works and email works and phone calls work and I get direct texts (SMS to SMS).
I have always been able to send email to mynuber@messaging.sprintpcs.com and have it appear as a text on my cellphone(s)
even after the change to T-Mobile.  I think maybe there was a delay once when I transferred to a new physical device, and I just did that again 4 days ago, so I am wondering.
Will it just start working?
How long will that take?
do I need to take any other steps?
Can this situation be added to support documentation so I don’t forget again and have to search everywhere and then resort to asking the world since I can’t open a simple ticket and I don’t feel like spending the day on the phone jumping through hoops for a simple answer.  And sharing knowledge is power so helping to inform others is noble.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The email to text feature is a very limited capability service. The device change should not be preventing those messages from coming through unless the email that you are sending from got blocked in the messaging settings on accident. 

even after the change to T-Mobile. I think this means that you are now on a T-Mobile account and not that you’re part of T-Mobile but on a Sprint account. Have you tried sending the message to yournumber@tmomail.net? How often do you send messages this way?

Badge

“Have you tried sending the message to yournumber@tmomail.net?”  no because I hadn’t even hear of that exchange until today and it was working to messaging.sprintpcs.com right up until the day I activated on the new device (same make model and year as the broken device).  I’ll try now

“ow often do you send messages this way?”  daily, or at least 5 times a week.  It’s in my coding automation and my mail notifications

“The email to text feature is a very limited capability service. “  yes and I was going to send the mail-forwarded messages to my smtp server to re-write it and then forward it to messaging.sprintpcs.com but everything has been falling apart..  waaa.  Thanks for the assistance

No text from mynumber@tmomail.net, that didn’t work.

Badge

Update ---
From <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com> to me in gmail.

So it is the <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com> gateway.  Yay.  well, I will have to call them or wait.

Error Icon

Delivery incomplete

There was a temporary problem delivering your message to xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com. Gmail will retry for 47 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
The response from the remote server was:

452 4.1.0 <forwarding-noreply@google.com> server temporarily unavailable AUP#MXRT

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you have the message automated instead of sending manually, that could be causing the issue. Because this is a limited service, it is not designed for automated messages or any type of app notification message. If the message is not manually sent from an email to your phone, then the messages could be blocked by our systems. 

Badge

Doesn’t work either way.  BUT, I just got a notice from gmail to allow the automation, it only took 48 hours+1 to get to me.  So yes automation is allowed but it is not the issue here, yet 8)
now it won’t be when the gateway gets updated.

(#xxxxxxxxx) Gmail Forwarding Confirmation - Receive Mail from myemail@gmail.com
myemail@gmail.com has requested to automatically forward mail to your email
address mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
Confirmation code: xxxxxxxxx

To allow myemail@gmail.com to automatically forward mail to your address,
please click the link below to confirm the request:

This is still an issue for us as well. We’ve been sending email to text for our check-in confirmations and no one is receiving them since the merger. Will this be resolved soon? I’m able to send them messages to all other providers except T-Mobile and sprint. 

If you have the message automated instead of sending manually, that could be causing the issue. Because this is a limited service, it is not designed for automated messages or any type of app notification message. If the message is not manually sent from an email to your phone, then the messages could be blocked by our systems. 

Is this going to be resolved soon? We were able to send messages until 3 months ago. Guessing because of the merger? I’m able to use email to text to all other carriers other than T-Mobile and Sprint. The messages are coming from our system but are triggered when a child is checked into our software. This is causing major problems for the parents that use T-Mobile and Sprint.