Question

Enhanced Caller ID not showing caller id or contact name on Visual Voicemail

Badge

Visual Voice Mail with Enhanced Caller ID turned on will not work on Samsung Galaxy 20 G Ultra.  Only phone number is showing even if the number has a name associated with it as a verified identity or one of my contacts. Turned off and on, updated, but no joy.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This could be a SIM issue and one thing you could do to help fix this is to power down the phone, then remove the SIM for a moment. Place it back in, then give the Caller ID another shot. If this does continue, our Tech Care folks can send an over the air update on our end that can help resolve this.

Our two new Galaxy AG52 5G phones had this same problem. 

The SIM removal fix worked on one.  On the other I had to uninstall the visual voicemail app and then reinstall it.  Then both phones worked with enhanced caller id.

This also happens when you're roaming on another carrier overseas.

When using my Visual Voicemail I was able to get the callers phone number but not the name.  I tried removing and reinstalling the SIM but no success.  At T-Mobil’s direction I deleted the APP and reinstalled it, still no luck. What DID work was to go into: 

• Settings
  • Apps
  • Visual Voicemail
  • select Storage … select Clear Data. 

Go back to the Visual Voicemail app and it will have to reconnect to the account but everything now works.  No need to delete and reinstall the app with this procedure.

The CallerID disappeared while I was roaming in the UK and EU but all the names returnd as soon as I reconnected  back in the US. 

This seems like a roaming/carrier bug.

Thanks so much this worked perfectly for me. Super quick and effortless 😊

SureVue, did you lose the voicemails when you cleared data?  I don’t want to lose some older ones from a family member

Check the app permissions.

Go to Settings...Apps...Visual Voice Mail...Permissions.

Be sure it has permissions for Contacts.

Thank you ragtopdodge…….after racking my brain trying to figure out what happen to the names in Visual Voicemail and calling t-mobile a few times, they could not help me either…...thanks again…..it worked.

SureVue

Ur a lifesaver, u rok!... many thx