Solved

ESims

• 16 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Can an iPhone 12 on my TMobile account have a sim card and an esim also? If so how do I know if it has both? Would it also have 2 phone numbers? Would this be why the texts/calls showing on the actual phone do not show up on my usage details on the current month? I am also wondering if anyone knows what 22 means on the usage detail log of calls/texts? 

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 24 October 2022, 19:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Darcylynn,

The iPhone 12 does have an esim option and you can have both esim and physical sim cards active at the same time, but they would each have a unique phone number. You can go to Settings>Cellular. If you see an option for Default Voice Line, then you have two lines active on your device. If you don’t see that, then you just have the one phone number active. 

When you send messages between iPhones, it goes through the mobile network as data instead of a message. Because of that if you send a message to another iPhone, you will not see that message under messaging usage details on my.t-mobile.com. Phone calls should show up, though. Unless you are using FaceTime or Facebook Messenger to make the call; then those show as data and would not be on the call log. 

I am stumped on what 22 means in the call log.. What does is show the 22 as? The number called? Have you tried comparing that call to your call log on your phone to see what your phone shows for that call?

Hope this is helpful! 

If you want to add eSim capabilities to your existing phone, then textrapp would be the perfect option. They are very reliable and specially built for travellers and digital nomads. I used their eSim during my US visits last Christmas. You can visit their website and check the eSIM Compatible