Question

Family Allowance NOT working

• 27 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Family Allowance block feature not working. Blocked a phone number from contacting me and it's still able to text/call/FaceTime. Idk if I'm the only person experiencing this but would like for this feature to be corrected.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

From my understanding,the Family Allowance block feature only blocks outgoing calls and texts to numbers you specify.  If you want to block those numbers from calling and texting you.  You need to block them on each device.  When it comes to FaceTime.  That is an Apple product and the person must be blocked on each FaceTime account to stop them from contacting you and your family.  

Badge

Thank you. I was told from a TM rep that it should work both ways for communication. I'll have to check again

I have used the Tmobile family allowance to block numbers for years and it goes for both incoming and outgoing calls and text. But recently (the last six ish months) i haven’t been able to add or remove numbers from that list. Every time i try i get an error message that pops up. 

I've had the same issue for months, I was paying for it and it wasn't working. T-MOBILE has no idea how to fix it. 

As of March 16th 2024 it is still not working. All I get is a message that says

We’re having some trouble. Your request did not succeed. Please try again.

when I try to log in. Sometimes I will be able to get as far as the main page but once I try to do anything and press save, that message will pop back up and kick me right out.

From what I was told and now reading about, T-Mobile knows that it doesn’t work and they have tried years to fix it but still nothing, yet they have no problem charging people $5 a month for something that doesn’t work. Ever since first signing up for Family Allowances it didn’t work and the “Advanced Technical Department” doesn’t do a thing and so I’ve been credited $10 since it’s not working and they have sent out 2 tickets so that their “engineers” can try and fix this issue. But seriously what a joke.