First Responder Eligibily

• 5 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been a valued customer for 8+ years and I no longer qualify for the First Responders Program. I have had this discount applied since the height of the COVID pandemic. I am a Registered ER Nurse that saves lives daily and it's very disturbing that we are undervalued and never recognized for our services. How do patrol officers qualify, but Nurse don't? This month will be my last month with T-Mobile (unwilling). However, I will be taking my hard earned money elsewhere that values/recognizes Nurses as lifesavers too. I will definitely not be the only customer you lose. I guarantee you that! Shame on you T-Mobile.

7 replies

i am a nurse and was really surprised i did not qualify for the first responder program/discount.  i signed up with tmobile because the “salesperson” for tmobile “guaranteed” i would qualify.  what a joke.  i would like to hear from tmobile and hear their explanation on this. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, something has to change. And, not with just T-Mobile, but other companies as well. It’s ridiculous how unrecognizable we as nurses are. It’s sad. I’ve had this discount for years without any issues until a year ago. Now, nurses don’t qualify and we have to be verified.

Just came to say I agree! ER nurse and being not qualified now. Looks like AT&T has a discount. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I understand your frustration and we appreciate the invaluable work you do as a Registered ER Nurse. We recognize the critical role nurses play in our communities. The eligibility for the First Responder plan is currently limited to verified members of First Responder organizations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. This includes state and local fire, law enforcement, and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel. Nurses with an EMT certification do qualify for the Magenta First Responder plan. I understand that this may not seem fair, and your feedback is important as we continually evaluate and update our plans. If you're looking for other ways to save, T-Mobile offers a variety of plans and promotions that might better suit your needs.

Since you have been getting this plan up until now, did you get a notification about not qualifying anymore? I ask because the plan hasn’t changed eligibility requirements recently, so I wonder if maybe you are getting the notification to reverify. The reverification needs to be done every year and if it is not done, it could result in you losing the discount. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Fellow nurse here who thinks it’s a joke that Nurse’s don't quality. 

Badge

I have been a valued customer for 8+ years and I no longer qualify for the First Responders Program. I have had this discount applied since the height of the COVID pandemic. I am a Registered ER Nurse that saves lives daily and it's very disturbing that we are undervalued and never recognized for our services. How do patrol officers qualify, but Nurse don't? This month will be my last month with T-Mobile (unwilling). However, I will be taking my hard earned money elsewhere that values/recognizes Nurses as lifesavers too. I will definitely not be the only customer you lose. I guarantee you that! Shame on you T-Mobile.

ER nurse here as well and I couldn't have said it better myself.  I absolutely am switching to a different phone company.  Nurses, especially ER nurses are first responders and we go above and beyond to save multiple lives daily.  We are UNDERPAID, OVERWORKED, SHORT STAFFED, SLEEP DEPRIVED, AND UNAPPRECIATED. The least t-mobile could do is give us a discount (and it was barely a discount to begin with).  You guys make an insane amount of money and every single person running this company and working for this company has had a nurse some how some way save or preserve their life.  Shame on you t-mobile.  I am absolutely going to make it known to my fellow first responders, THAT YOU APPARENTLY DONT CONSIDER FIRST RESPONDERS, to switch companies as well.  NOT ONLY DID YOU TAKE THE DISCOUNT AWAY, YOU WERE SNEAKY AND DIDNT EVEN INFORM ME THAT THE DISCOUNT WAS GOING TO BE REVOKED.

*********** I just did a little research and ATT gives 25%, Verizon gives $10 dollars off per account, spectrum gives 30% off *********

I have also been on the first responder plan since the height of COVID and they switched my account to the MAX plan without any warning or explanation.  I just called in and after a lengthy conversation with the person there (Steve), I was told that what I did before would no longer work.  This is awful because nurses ARE first responders.  What’s worse is to find out they just switched me back without ever even alerting me beforehand.  I have been with T-Mobile for many years (10+) and always had great things to say about them.  This move right here was backhanded and now my bill is jacked up.