Question

First responder plan

Badge

I am a member of the Big Island Medical Reserve Corp, but am unable to enter this organization in the First Responder verification system. According to the rep I spoke with on the phone, I am eligible. Please advise on how to proceed.

19 replies

Userlevel 1

Sad that physicians are not recognized as First responders after what we went thru the past 2.5 years with Covid. T Mobile should reconsider, especially when they approved it in the past. Very disappointed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here you go.

First Responder Verification

Userlevel 1

Yes, I reviewed the verification but being a physician in ER setting does not qualify. After everything docs went thru with Covid patients and exposure you would think T Mobile would extend this small benefit

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I was actually responding to the OP’s question since he was eligible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, I reviewed the verification but being a physician in ER setting does not qualify. After everything docs went thru with Covid patients and exposure you would think T Mobile would extend this small benefit

if you are planning on jumping ship due to this i would probably avoid Verizon..since you’ll run into the same thing there..almost positive ATT is the same way..

Userlevel 1

Nurses are the front line staff for any medical issue a person has. I don't understand why nurses are not involved in the first responders plan. This is really depressing!

HOW ARE NURSES AND PHYSICIANS NOT PART OF THE FIRST RESPONDERS GROUP?????

I was told when I switched from AT&T (that does offer a nurses discount) to T-Mobile that i would get a discount for being a nurse. I’ve been getting it for the last few months and today i checked my next bill and it’s no longer on it. When i reached out to T-Mobile i was told to submit my documents and I’ll have the discount again. I did and was denied. When i reached out to them again i was told that only nurses and doctors that are EMT certified can get the discount. This is bad customer service on T-Mobiles part. Doctors and nurses do just as much as first responders. We should be included in that category!! I’m thinking about switching to Verizon bc they offer nurses and doctors as well as first responders a discount!!! 

This first responder is a big scam of Tmobile to overcharge. I have been a Tmobile customer for almost 8 years under family plan, I went to Tmobile store and told them I am a physician in the hospital and they said you are eligible for the upgrade and the discount but you have to do it through calling customer service, I called customer service and told her that I am a physician and she said yes you are eligible and spent 2 hrs on the phone to switch the plan and then she told me all i need to do is to submit my hospital ID and will get approved, I submitted it and it didn’t go through and I called back and they said they have received and there was a glitch in the system and they will call me back, 10 days later, I called them and they said that only EMT are considered first responders not physicians or nurses

Will if this what T mobile is considering as first responders it should be been clear on the website as well as their customer service experts and their employees in the store should have been aware of that but encouraging physicians and nurses to apply when it is not in their criteria is a big Scam!  

I was told when I switched from AT&T (that does offer a nurses discount) to T-Mobile that i would get a discount for being a nurse. I’ve been getting it for the last few months and today i checked my next bill and it’s no longer on it. When i reached out to T-Mobile i was told to submit my documents and I’ll have the discount again. I did and was denied. When i reached out to them again i was told that only nurses and doctors that are EMT certified can get the discount. This is bad customer service on T-Mobiles part. Doctors and nurses do just as much as first responders. We should be included in that category!! I’m thinking about switching to Verizon bc they offer nurses and doctors as well as first responders a discount!!! 

This first responder is a big scam of Tmobile to overcharge. I have been a Tmobile customer for almost 8 years under family plan, I went to Tmobile store and told them I am a physician in the hospital and they said you are eligible for the upgrade and the discount but you have to do it through calling customer service, I called customer service and told her that I am a physician and she said yes you are eligible and spent 2 hrs on the phone to switch the plan and then she told me all i need to do is to submit my hospital ID and will get approved, I submitted it and it didn’t go through and I called back and they said they have received and there was a glitch in the system and they will call me back, 10 days later, I called them and they said that only EMT are considered first responders not physicians or nurses

Will if this what T mobile is considering as first responders it should be been clear on the website as well as their customer service experts and their employees in the store should have been aware of that but encouraging physicians and nurses to apply when it is not in their criteria is a big Scam!  

Yup, same with me the got me to switch telling me I qualified as a nurse for their first responder plan and not my bill increased by $100 because the first responder came off my plan. This is called false advertisement. I was even told by reps that this is a very common thing that their stores are doing so they either need to add nurses to their first responder plan or make another discount for nurses and medical professionals. ClassAction anyone?

Would like TMobile to respond. Since Amplified program was retired there is no Fed equivalent. Not sure how TMobile works with DHS to set up network, but DHS First responders cant use the plan? PLEASE RESPOND

Im a nurse at icu and flight nurse. Im pretty sure that we do nothing less than EMTs. If Tmobile is not gonna look through their polices I will be switching to FirstNet. They are gonna loose a lot of customers over this. I can only imagine how many nurses would prefer to have company where they are valued. 

I had that happen to me too. On the phone the rep asked me if I’m a nurse. And I said yes… and then he told me I qualify for the first responder discount. Now I get a text message that I need to verify my status. I submitted a pic of. My licence, my pay stays and my work Id. They said I don’t qualify. Had I know I would have not switch to t mobile. It’s a scam 

I had that happen to me too. On the phone the rep asked me if I’m a nurse. And I said yes… and then he told me I qualify for the first responder discount. Now I get a text message that I need to verify my status. I submitted a pic of. My licence, my pay stays and my work Id. They said I don’t qualify. Had I know I would have not switch to t mobile. It’s a scam 

I had the same thing happen to me too. I placed me order through the phone and the Rep told me that I qualified for the first responder discount as a nurse. Then I placed the order to switch to T-mobile for 3 new lines. If I known this, I would never switch to T-mobile.  

It's not right and quite worrying that we don't see Emergency Room Social Workers as first responders. My wife has a master's degree in social work. She works at the Baycare Hospital Morton Plant North Bay in New Port Richey. She helps patients and their families during some of the hardest moments of their lives.

Think about what she does. She quickly understands what's going on with a patient. This includes not only their health but also their feelings and their home situation. She speaks up for the patient's needs. She also provides important help and comfort to the patient and their family. And all this happens in a stressful place where time is very important.

To me, these are the things that make a first responder. But, we usually only call people like police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical workers first responders. We need to rethink this.

If we call Emergency Room Social Workers first responders, it shows we see how important their work is. It also means they get the same help and protection as other first responders. This includes things like vaccines, mental health help, and safety equipment. They need these things to do their jobs well and stay safe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Eligibility

If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you may qualify for a Magenta First Responder plan depending on your specific organization and role.

• Are you a state or local firefighter or volunteer firefighter?
  • Are you a state or local law enforcement professional?
  • Do you have an active EMT certification?
  • Are you a paid ambulance driver or paramedic?
  • Are you a member of a Search and Rescue organization?
  • Are you a 911 dispatcher?

Who's not eligible?

• Federal first responder organizations
  • Hospital personnel
  • Former first responders who are not a pensioned retiree
  • Cadets or Recruits who do not yet have documentation showing their affiliation

My husband and I have metro, we switched over to T-Mobile and open an account under my husband's name. The lady asked if one of us was a first responder, I said I was, she said I qualify for discount as first responder. This was in November 2022. No verification to provide to prove my husband is a first responder because he is not, it is I who would qualify as first responder as I was told initially when we signed up. Therefore the account should have been opened under my name not my husband's. Everything was switched over from his name, to my name recently, then they tell me that I do not qualify as a first responder because I don't fall under what they classify as a first responder. Although I work for the county, and on the back of my card it says I may be called during disasters, and I have helped during fires at the shelters, now my bill went from 165 which included internet, to 229. I don't understand why they sold me on something that was a lie in regards to me being a first responder. I think they need to train their people better. You talk to different people you don't get the same story. I think T-Mobile should add nurses doctors county workers, as first responders. I may not be in the front line at all times, but in my department I am, and the back of my card issued by the county says that I may be called during disasters. Maybe I am wrong, but I just don't think this is fair when it was offered to me initially, they made me jump through hoops to transfer the account over to my name, and now they tell me after everything is said and done, that I do not qualify as a first responder. What a waste of time I should have just left it under my husband's name what was the point of all of this.

My husband and I had metro, we switched over to T-Mobile and opened an account under my husband's name. The lady asked if one of us was a first responder, I explained where I worked and what I did, she said I qualified for their first responder discount, not I.. This was in November 2022. now because my husband is not a first responder, account can not be in his name since I was a first responder, it is I who would qualify as first responder as I was told initially when we signed up. Therefore the account should have been opened under my name not my husband's, I was told. Everything was switched over, to my name recently, then they tell me that I do not qualify as a first responder because I don't fall under what they classify as a first responder. Although I work for the county, and on the back of my card it says I may be called during disasters, and have helped during fires at the shelters, now my bill went from 165 which included internet, to 229. I don't understand why they sold me on something that was a lie in regards to me being a first responder. I think they need to train their people better. You talk to different people you don't get the same story. I think T-Mobile should add nurses doctors county workers, as first responders. I may not be in the front line at all times, but in my department I am, and the back of my card issued by the county says that I may be called during disasters. Maybe I am wrong, but I just don't think this is fair when it was offered to me initially, they made me jump through hoops to transfer the account over to my name, and now they tell me after everything is said and done, that I do not qualify as a first responder. What a waste of time I should have just left it under my husband's name what was the point of all of this. Almost feel it was done to get me to sign up, this is not how you should get customer's. 

IIn reading many of the entries, it appears it's a big fat scam to get customer. Now I'm told I can't cancel 2 of my 5 line's because 2 of the phone's were not free and I would be charged cancellation fees. Not my fault I was mis informed, like playing chess, you will never win because they're always 5 steps ahead of you.

I have been scammed by TMobile as well. I went in-store May of this year to inquire about their plans and was told that nurses and doctors qualify under the EMT Magenta plan. So I switched from FirstNet to this scam of a company. They took a look at my hospital ID and I even got a discount on my new phone which was only for first responders ($800 off for the Samsung Galaxy Ultra). Uploaded my documents online, everything was fine. Now, last week, I received a text message saying I need to upload documents to verify my EMT status. I thought that was odd so I called 611. They told me ONLY EMTs NO ORDINARY HOSPITAL STAFF. I even read that for nurses and doctors, they need to upload hospital ID OR recent paystub OR official letter of service. Over the phone, I was told they cannot do anything about it unless I have an EMT certificate, ot just go in-store to see if they can override the process and get my EMT status verified that way. But then I would have to that every year.