Question

First Responder Verfiication Issue(s)

• 22 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Anyone else had or having issues getting their first responders discount verified and added to their account??

I am wanting to get the first responders discount added to my account so earlier this week I got on the T-Mobile website and uploaded my volunteer firefighter id like it said too. Well the next day I got a response saying they couldn’t verify eligibility using the ID that I uploaded. I called twice to customer service asking about it...the first lady sounded like she didn’t know anything about the first responder discount and she kept putting me on hold to talk to her “supervisor”. Finally she told me that she would have to submit a ticket and she would be in touch. I decided that afternoon to call back and talk to someone else. This woman told me two different things...the first was that the notes said the ID that I uploaded was possibly fraudulent and that i would need to resubmit it and then later in the same call she said the pixilation of the uploaded pic was the problem. I asked her which one was the issue and she couldn’t tell me. I think she was just making stuff up. I got the fire department to make me a new badge that I just uploaded so I will wait now to see what they say this time. 

I don’t understand why T-Mobile is having a issue with the ID since I uploaded it on several other websites and get verified with no issues (Id.me and GovX to name a few)

2 replies

Badge

After posting this question I went to check my email and I’d already gotten the message below. I will be calling T-Mobile on my break to ask once again what the problem supposedly is with the ID. I don’t understand how ID.me, GOVX, my cable provider and my alarm company can accept my ID but yet T-mobile says they can’t. 

Badge

Just talked to customer service yet again and this man said the reason supposedly is document_likely_fraud but he couldn’t tell me anything else. This seriously has me looking into switching companies.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Sheer ID?