Question

Free 5g Phone Upgrade

• 13 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have 2 lines in my account. I did a free 5g phone (A32) upgrade with the promo to trade in any working phone. I did that instore and of course was charged a service fee. I’m trying to trade in another old phone in the same 5g phone upgrade promo (year long). However I want to do it online by myself, well because I should be able to. However I don’t see that option anywhere. Has anyone been successful in doing the free upgrade online? 

6 replies

I would like to know also if anybody has figured out how to do it. I tried calling T-Mobile but the representative I spoke to was probably from another country trying really hard to sound American with over the board fake laughing and I just couldn’t handle it. She appears to have no clue about this any phone Trade-In offer and kept on suggesting me to open another line or sign up for new services. Very very frustrating.

Is TMobile still running the promotion to trade-in a working phone for a 5G phone? If so, do I have to go into a store to get this promo?

I have the same question.  I went to the store and they suggested I get the phone online to avoid the service charges.  I cannot find any way to choose (or add) the phone I want to trade.

You have to cal the number on the letter. The only phone they offer to replace 3G for free is the Tmobile Revvlry 5g. And the rep on chat asked the condition of the phone. It’s a 3G! Which means it is old & won’t be useful to anyone in the US. 

Badge +1

Received text message that my 3G phone won’t work after July 1. Got email stating that would be offered a FREE 5G phone.  T-Mobile store told me I needed a text message making the FREE phone offer.

Details are specified    t-mo,co/Free5G   for One Plus Nord N200 5G phone for Prepaid accounts.

I have a Legacy Prepaid (Gold Star) account with an old 3G flip phone.

Called 611 and nobody knows anything about this and tells me to go back to the store.

It varies from rep to rep that answers the phone or is in the store the level of awareness. Yes, they keep trying to get you to add a line or change the plan to Magenta Max. There is a $30 charge to change phones in the store. Online one pays the shipping costs. Regarding the trade-in phone whether 3G or 4G they ask about it’s condition. I don’t think that is for purposes of T-Mobile using the trade-in, but as a qualifier for the free phone. The ‘free’ replacement for a 3G is only REVVL V+5G. The letter does not stte this. You must speak to a rep or browse the entire device page to figure this out. You pay sales tax & either shipping or the $30 fee. 

The letter states to take advantage of available offers, visit your local T-Mobile store, or check out: https://www.t-mobile.com/en/umts-retirement or call 800-937-8997