Question

Free Flip 5 Upgrade?

• 27 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Got an email today from T-Mobile about an offer regarding the new Galaxy Z Flip 5. When clicking on the link, the site says you can get a free upgrade to the Flip 5 if you have a MAX plan. I do.

But when you click on the pre-order link, the only offer is for up to $500 off the phone, That is not remotely close to free.

What’s the story?

9 replies

Badge

This shows like this for me and I chatted with tmo and they said it was free. But I sent the same screenshots and they said thanks for the screen shots! You get that promotion. I even asked if I needed to switch to go5g plus from magenta max and they said my plan would work.

Yet when I log in and try to trade in my iphone 13 pro or an s21 both show up as $500 off. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile shows 4 deals for this and the free phone offer requires an add on line with Magenta Max or Go5G plus.

Badge

Well Crap.

Just got a new line yesterday while at the store I kept asking about promotions...this never came up.  I hope I can still get it...on hold now.  Otherwise I might have to cancel and then make a new line?  Would they allow that?

Badge

According to the text, a new line is NOT required if you are MAX (emphasis mine), which I am:

“Add a new line or trade in a qualifying phone on a Go5G Plus or Magenta® MAX plan for a free Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5—the strongest Flip yet. Open it up and turn heads.”

That is also the second “term” on your screen capture.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It looks like that's a generic email for new customers because once you sign into your Mytmobile account that offer isn't there.

Badge

I’ve been a Sprint/T-Mobile customer for years, and my email mentioned my MAX account. In any event, the text (and your capture) is from the website, not an email.

The landing page (my initial capture), where the offer is mentioned, remains the same regardless if you are logged in or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You may need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you.

Badge

Wound up ordering through an agent online via the app. The website is not giving the deal as it should.

Good luck for others trying it.