Question

Galaxy S21 Ultra 256gb Delay

• 25 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Is there a backorder issue with the Galaxy S21 Ultra 256gb?  The goalposts keep moving as far as shipping and delivery date.  As of now, it says it is supposed to both ship and be delivered today, but at 3:30 pm, that is unlikely. The telephone customer service said that T-mobile will not have any to sell until April 6.

I have heard of delayed delivery during November/December (holiday rush), but I assumed that was just processing time delays.  This is different: providing a delivery date within a few days even though the product will not be available for weeks, but then keep pushing the actual delivery date out.

9 replies

Is there a backorder issue with the Galaxy S21 Ultra 256gb?  The goalposts keep moving as far as shipping and delivery date.  As of now, it says it is supposed to both ship and be delivered today, but at 3:30 pm, that is unlikely. The telephone customer service said that T-mobile will not have any to sell until April 6.

I have heard of delayed delivery during November/December (holiday rush), but I assumed that was just processing time delays.  This is different: providing a delivery date within a few days even though the product will not be available for weeks, but then keep pushing the actual delivery date out.

I am wondering the same thing. The wife and I ordered the same phone 7 days ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back while T-mobile reps are only able to say we should get the phones within the estimated shipping dates, which again keep getting pushed back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Due to Samsung removing the MicroSD card slot on these devices.  The demand for the increased memory model was significantly greater than anticipated. 

Due to Samsung removing the MicroSD card slot on these devices.  The demand for the increased memory model was significantly greater than anticipated. 

Is there anyway to get a real estimation of when these phones will ship to the customer besides seeing the ship date continuously pushed back though?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is there anyway to get a real estimation of when these phones will ship to the customer besides seeing the ship date continuously pushed back though?

Unfortunately, no.  T-Mobile is waiting on stock from Samsung.  When Samsung doesn't deliver, those ship dates get bumped back based on when Samsung tells T-Mobile they should get their next shipment of devices. 

Badge

Unfortunately, no.  T-Mobile is waiting on stock from Samsung.  When Samsung doesn't deliver, those ship dates get bumped back based on when Samsung tells T-Mobile they should get their next shipment of devices. 

That makes sense, and none of us can change that.  If the product is unavailable, we just have to wait.

The frustrating part is that T-mobile appears to be actively deceiving people.  When I wrote this on Thursday, the a phone rep told me that there were no phones available, and that they would not be in stock until April 6.  But when I checked the website, as if I were to buy the phone that day, it said it was available that day.  Indeed, even now, if you go to the website, they state it is “On backorder. Estimated ship date March 30 - April 1”.  If they cannot fulfil the order in that time, they should not provide that date.

Badge

UPDATE:  After my original call with the customer service rep, I received a call back from another rep, who stated that the first rep (alleging the phones were out of stock until April 6) was incorrect.  He confirmed that there were phones in stock in the warehouse, and he expected mine to ship Friday or Monday.  He added that if it did not ship Monday, he would call me back to discuss, and that he would, on Monday, find a T-Mobile store with one in stock so I could pick it up or they could send it to me from the store.

The problems are: Monday has come and gone without a call; my shipping date keeps moving back by 1 day, each day; and according to all 5 of my local stores, no local stores carry this model.  They can order it for you at their store, or you can order online, but they do not have, never had, and do not have the option to carry this model (256 gb) in stock.

Again, backorder delays I get, but T-Mobile flat out lying about their stock and ability to fulfil orders is deceptive and not in good faith.

So I was wondering the same, I plan upgrading  S10+ for the s21 ultra. But I want to 256gb version. I get it demand and supply could be an issue. Going directly t Samsung I can get it,but  want to take advantage of the trade in deals currently going on 800$ off my purchase with a trade in of my device. Samsung is only giving me 250 for the S10+ so that defeats the purpose for me.

Not liking how customer service is handling this.

I ordered an S21 Ultra.  I did so because it said they were in-stock and i would get it in two business days.  Not even close to correct.  Orders status just keeps changing ship dates, doesn’t say anything about it being on backorder, just dates keep changing.  Next problem is i’ve already been charged for it… not cool.   I’ve now talked to 4-5 people from customer service that all say the same thing, that it’s on backorder and my date to ship is just what i see in my order status.  But that keeps changing.  

Tmobile cust service here is terrible, their site info is completely misleading, and the order status is a lie and just at best a wild guess.  I’m growing tired of this.

Totally agree, I've had nothing but run around trying to order this phone. They promise to return calls and never do, most reps give out false and misleading information. One store claims they are expecting stock. The next one claims the 256 is never carried in store because of security...though same store has 256 and above iphones ready for puckup.

I've been trying to order the 256 since the day after the sale started, its never been stock even though they advertised it and continue to do so. 

This is not a chip shortage issue, the 256 model is currently available at every other major carrier and direct order from Samsung. Most list 1 to 2 day delivery.

Tmobile refuses to order the device and won't honor their advertised discount if I order it instead.