Question

Get fee waived

• 30 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

How do you get a late fee waived? I pay my bill on almost the same day every month and for some reason I was charged a late fee on this bill. My payment is due on the 16th and I usually pay on the 19th or 20th ~ why out of the blue am I getting a late fee?

Also, how do I get a mid-month line removal credited to my account? My son’s line was removed (he opened his own T-Mobile account on 5/11) and I am being billed for the full month of service. I was advised, by an agent named Tiffany, this would be adjusted and reflected on my next bill, which is wasn’t.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Usually when a line is closed or ported Tmobile doesn't prorated the charge so it's better to do this near the end of the billing cycle.

As for the late fee try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help. You may have been charged a late fee since it's habitually late as you stated in your post.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just pointing out if your due date is 16 and your paying it 3 or 4 days later as you state that's late by any company standard. 

Badge

You must have been a Sprint customer like me, when T-Mobile took over and your state does not regulate grace periods so T-Mobile is choosing to have the most aggressive policy which is to not have a grace period. I am looking to form a class action on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

grace period? its been a few years now since it all got switched over..how long of a grace period is needed?

Badge

3899 replies? My man, hiking is a nice hobby. That aside, the merger has been going on for a few years correct but new billing policies just took effect at the start of 2023 for those who were Sprint customers. So for us prior Sprint customers it has not been a few years since it all switched over, it has only been a few months. And to answer how long is needed, I mean - as a near 20 year Sprint customer who enjoyed an entire billing cycle grace period I would assume a fair compromise for customers in my state to be anything over the current grace period policy of zero days as fair. Given that during the transition we were told nothing about our plans, bills, benefits, or service was going to change which is all in writing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

3899 replies? My man, hiking is a nice hobby. That aside, the merger has been going on for a few years correct but new billing policies just took effect at the start of 2023 for those who were Sprint customers. So for us prior Sprint customers it has not been a few years since it all switched over, it has only been a few months. And to answer how long is needed, I mean - as a near 20 year Sprint customer who enjoyed an entire billing cycle grace period I would assume a fair compromise for customers in my state to be anything over the current grace period policy of zero days as fair. Given that during the transition we were told nothing about our plans, bills, benefits, or service was going to change which is all in writing.

which i was..hence asking how long of a grace period do you believe they should have given you? and like you i was with Sprint when they first released the first smart phone..keep in mind that if Sprint would have handled things a bit differently then maybe they would have purchased TMO...however they did not..so safe to say some of the things Sprint used to do didnt work out to swell in the end..

if you dislike how your state handles such things then maybe you need to look more at them seeing as how theyre not holding companies to a standard other states do.

Badge

You must have been a Sprint customer like me, when T-Mobile took over and your state does not regulate grace periods so T-Mobile is choosing to have the most aggressive policy which is to not have a grace period. I am looking to form a class action on this.

lol if you manage to get a case, let me know, I’ll gladly jump on that bandwagon. Anything to be a thorn in this company’s side until they get their greedy heads out of the  cash-cow they’re trying to milk by charging us high rates for even the most basic services.