Question

Given wrong plan and now pending...

• 13 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

While switching from Verizon to T-Mobile, it looks like they gave me the wrong plan. I was supposed to be on the 55 Magenta Max plan $90 and the rep signed us up for Magenta Max ($140). I called T-Mobile again and CC said they were changing it. It’s been two days and I’m still getting a PENDING RATE PLAN CHANGE message. I was able to get the insurance extra that they tried to tag me with for 90 days removed and it showed up within the hour, but rate plan still pending? I switched to save money as we are on a limited budget and elderly. Verizon was about the same as the MM. I was very happy to find the 55+MM. I just don’t understand why it’s taking so long to get a plan changed. Anyone know if this is normal? I’ve spoken to so many CC reps about this that or another little problems and am starting to get frustrated. Thanks for any info.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sometimes it takes a while for the plan to be updated.

Just keep watching your MyTmobile account.

Badge

Thank you, I will. Looks like I may be waiting awhile for the TVision hub for one of my older TV’s as they are out of stock, but am really looking forward to the Netflix with the 55+ plan, so I have been and will continue to check my account everyday.

Userlevel 2

I also switched from Verizon to the 55+ (but just plain Magenta) so I was expecting to pay $70 a month.  A few hours later i checked the t-mobile account I had set up and saw I was being charged $100, basically two single 55+ lines.  I called and was told it would be fixed, but,like you, it took some days to show up.   But it was eventually corrected.   (I was also thrown by the 1 day bill, Aug-6 to Aug-6 costing $70, but once explained I was OK)

Badge

Thanks! Customer service has been very good with correcting problems, but there has been several problems from the very start. I first ordered the gateway for home internet. It’s been really nice have a lower bill and more data than with Hughes net. I was so ready to cut that cord! A neighbor got it and received a TVision hub for his TV. I however, was charged $30 dollars and never got the hub. After talking with CC, the $30 was credited to my account which I felt was fair, but the hub is out of stock so only one TV in my home can use the gateway at this point. If they can’t get one in another week or two, I plan to just purchase a fire stick or chromecast. Then when I decided to switch phones, even though they say $90 for the two 55+ MM the total was coming to $108 as it included some kind of insurance on the phones for 90 days. I then saw how much I was being charged for a regular MM plans ( only $10 lower than Verizon) and had to call again to get that insurance dropped and my plan corrected. They have been very good at working things out which is why I posted here. Just trying to get an idea on how long it usually takes for a plan correction. I’ve been with Verizon for YEARS, and I don’t change carriers lightly. I will be keeping an eye on the account to see if it changes soon. They say no hidden fees so was actually a little concerned when I heard $108.

Userlevel 2

I have been with Verizon and precursors since 1988(and was also an employee) so I didn’t switch lightly either.   It’s just that outside various states such as FL, Verizon has nothing like the price point compared to the T mobile’s,55+ for two people.   Cheapest VZW  unlimited is $120 + taxes, so for $50 a month savings I am willing to tolerate a few teething pains!

Badge

You and me both. LOL. I never even received emails from Verizon until they saw my phone was getting paid off. Too little, too late. lol

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

(I was also thrown by the 1 day bill, Aug-6 to Aug-6 costing $70, but once explained I was OK)

Can you tell us what they explained to you for the full-month charge for one day?

Userlevel 2

(I was also thrown by the 1 day bill, Aug-6 to Aug-6 costing $70, but once explained I was OK)

Can you tell us what they explained to you for the full-month charge for one day?

Good question!   The answer satisfied me at the time (“It’s REALLY for Aug 6 - Sep 6”) but now I have got my second bill which covers Aug 7- Seo 6 it’s hard to avoid the belief that I was charged a full month for one day, as I originally thought.   Plus, the explanation blurs the distinction between prepaid and postpaid!

Anyone have a good justification

Userlevel 2

Good question!   The answer satisfied me at the time (“It’s REALLY for Aug 6 - Sep 6”) but now I have got my second bill which covers Aug 7- Seo 6 it’s hard to avoid the belief that I was charged a full month for one day, as I originally thought.   Plus, the explanation blurs the distinction between prepaid and postpaid!

Anyone have a good justification

Looking at the second bill again, it does claim that the plan covers to Oct (so plan is different from billing period?)   So I guess the real test is when you get the final bill, if timed correctly there shouldn’t be a charge.

T Mobile is worse than any scammer. I signed up for Mengenta 55 for 65 per month bringing my # with me. My first bill around $91.00. When # was changed from a temp # t mobile had gave me andI got my 2nd bill it was $306.00. My plan had been changed to 3 lines being the temp # my # I brought with me and another # I never knew of. That last # was not even active. I had tried to call it and a recording said it was not in operation. I was charged $25 per line for insurance but had only one phone. The bill don't clearly show what they are charging and for what. I called multiple times and talked to multiple agents that all went by the book acting like they were listening to you. They would ask to put you on hold to check on the problem or research my record come back and ask the same questions. One said they were transfering me but I never heard from anyone on that call. All calls were the same questions and run a round bs. Put on hold to come back and start over. A couple put me on hold and never came back. I was finally tranfered to an agent that was suppose to fix it but only shows one # (the temp) was removes but the $306 2nd bill is still due and third bill is projected to be $140.00. A $65 all fees & taxes +$22phone and $25 insurance = $107 should be my monthly bill. I am filing a complaint with the SC Consumer Potection Agency & the US Consumer Potection Agency. When you call support they have a script and if you want your money back after they screwed you over answer their questions get put on hold and repeat until they wear you down and you give up!