GoGo Wifi soon to be obsolete on Delta Airlines

• 24 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

When will T-mobile step up to the plate and provide a similar GoGo WiFi deal with ViaSat? The main reason we left Verizon was for the Free Delta WiFi on ALL business travel. What will T-mobile do to make this right for loyal customers? It’s now false advertising for t-mobile to make this Free WiFi claim.

8 replies

I have spent over an hour trying to figure out why I could not connect on my four hour Delta flight. You are absolutely right because this particular plane did not have GoGo, it had ViaSat.  This is a big problem.  This is a major reason I am with T-Mobile and this needs to be dealt with immediately. 

same...

Userlevel 2
Badge

T-Mobile customer service… care to answer this question? Ready to leave for Verizon now. The false claim of Free GoGo inflight on ALL Delta Airlines flights is a deceptive practice being used to sign up new customers. No more GoGo… its NOW ViaSat. The TMobile inflight WiFI plan is now useless. 

Viasat’s customer care is also trash and they seem so mad at people inquiring about Gogo/T-Mobile. 

Badge

I’m in the same boat.  I switched carriers for the GOGO access.

Can a T-Mobile rep jump in and provide any guidance?   

Once Delta make the switch, will the WiFi no longer be included on Delta flights?

T-Mobile offers free wifi on gogo equipped flights. This is not the same as free wifi on Delta. 

Delta is shifting to Viasat which has a technically superior service over gogo, with the end goal being free wifi for everyone on all flights. Until the majority of their planes are equipped with viasat they will charge $5 per flight for access, to avoid an inconsistent experience for all Delta passengers. Delta has no obligation to TMobile users.

Nobody has broken a deal, as TMobile users, we still get free wifi on all gogo equipped flights. 

T-Mobile offers free wifi on gogo equipped flights. This is not the same as free wifi on Delta. 

Delta is shifting to Viasat which has a technically superior service over gogo, with the end goal being free wifi for everyone on all flights. Until the majority of their planes are equipped with viasat they will charge $5 per flight for access, to avoid an inconsistent experience for all Delta passengers. Delta has no obligation to TMobile users.

Nobody has broken a deal, as TMobile users, we still get free wifi on all gogo equipped flights. 

That's a $#@! answer. As Delta and American have almost completed their phase out of Gogo, there are a rounding error to zero percent of planes where TMobile gets you free wifi. It's misleading to advertise it as a perk at this point without including the dominant inflight wifi provider, Viasat.

What’s misleading about “free wifi on gogo enabled flights”? 

That’s exactly what T-Mobile says here:

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/gogo-inflight

And here:

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/t-mobile-in-flight-texting-and-wi-fi

Here’s the relevant part if you don’t want to click the link:

• T-Mobile Inflight is offered on Gogo-enabled flights by several domestic carriers, such as:
    • Alaska Airlines
    • American Airlines (on limited flights)
    • Delta Airlines (on most flights)
  • To check if your upcoming flight is Gogo-enabled, contact your airline.