Has this happened to you?

• 20 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Has this happened to you?

You sign up for T-Mobile with a trade-in promotion, “get a free iPhone 13 with trade-in” and the following month, T-Mobile changes your promotion without your consent and no longer is your iPhone free!

I signed up for the seniors Magenta+ Plan with 3 lines in August, 2022 at their local retail store in Alameda, CA trading in an iPhone 7 and 2 iPhone 11s. iPhone 13s were $799.99, free with trade-ins of iPhone 11s and $400 off for iPhone 7. All 3 trade-ins were at their retail store handled by store manager on his iPad.

My 1st billing showed the iPhone 7 discounted properly (the 11s missed the Aug billing cutoff). The next billing showed the 2 iPhone 11s with no trade-in offset. I immediately contacted T-Mobile on their online chat for 2 hours finally getting a supervisor promising to “make things right”…so I thought. Then I saw the final September billing, still no iPhone 11s offsetting credit. Instead the promo trade-ins had changed to buy 2 P4, changing all 3 of the trade-in terms that we signed up!

Every single month thereafter, I’ve spent hours online chatting with several different supervisors promising to “make it right”. Protection Plan 360 continued to be charged after the 1st month even after I called to cancel. In November, the promotions changed once again to Apple Trade P24! Then promises from a supervisor of a telephone call within 24-48 hours from upper level Dept “making it right”. Phone call came 10 days later from supervisor with yet, another promise of a callback. This happened 4 times by different supervisors! Still no callback from upper level Dept and it’s the new year. All I simply want is for T-Mobile to honor the August trade-in agreements which they’re still offering today (iPhone 13’s are now valued at $729.99 with get a free iPhone with trade-in ad)!

I believe T-Mobile is hoping that I would give up trying. Well, I filed a complaint with my CA State Attorney’s Office detailing basically what I’ve stated above and they responded in a letter to me saying that they’ll write T-Mobile regarding my complaint and request a response from them of my concerns. Their office is retaining my complaint letter “if in the future our office brings law enforcement action against the company on behalf of all the people of California”. If something like this has happened to you, you may want to take the same course of action and contact your State Attorney’s Office.

7 replies

Hi. Your situation is so similar with mine. The “expert” set up a plan and a deal for my 3 lines (3 Magenta Max 55+). He stated in the chat by writing the details of the plan, with a price of $115 for the 3 lines that included 3 S23 phones for free (b/c included in magenta max) and 3 cases. Well, surprise for me was when I saw my plan in MyTMobile with a Magenta Plan (not Max) and to pay 50% of the phones. That was a total of 155. It has been a month talking in the char with different “experts” that talked to supervisors and supervisors say that they can not do anything because the “system” does not allow to do changes (yeah right!!!). I was a supervisor for many years, and at the level you can do changes to the system……...humans control the system, not viceversa. I am so upset with them……..waiting for two years of torture with Tmobile to move to another company. Tmobile just lie and do an unfair competency promising false promotions to bring customers to them. It is a shame that GOV does not stop them!!!I will follow you, and go to the state attorney in Texas. 

Badge

I just got a similar issue much like yours sorted out by a customer svc Rep who took one look at the plan and knew it was wrong.  Took about 30 min but now has it all fixed.  Took close to a dozen reps and supervisors to get this one guy who knew exactly what to do.  I even had a previous Rep call me a liar and sent me an off colored text to me about it.  I was so close to calling it quits returning to TMobile until tonight.  Hr made me feelwelcomed at TMobile and was so remorsful for all that happrnrd.  I guess just keep stating your point and demanding it to be fixed.

My daughter and I did the “free trade in” for phones a while back. One was actually free, and the other was charged the monthly plan amount. It took THREE MONTHS to correct this - I don’t know how many people I talked to, but I had to reach someone who spoke English as a first language in order to get this squared away, despite promises and guarantees that it would be solved. Cue next daughter to do the free trade in - we are in mid-problem right now. Yet again, I’m paying the monthly installment for a “free” phone. The first call netted NOTHING - no credit, no plan change, just a waste of time. The second call netted the credit for two months of charges, but the installment charge still shows on my plan. I told them that if I was charged yet again for the installment plan, I would QUIT T-Mobile. The agent GUARANTEED that she escalated the issue to her supervisor and that it would be resolved in one to two cycles. I told her that was unacceptable - if it wasn’t fixed by the next bill, I’M DONE. We’ll see what happens, but I’m not confident that I will be with T-Mobile by this time next month. I don’t trust T-Mobile, and they have done NOTHING to instill confidence in me regarding their customer service.

What happened with the nord phones?

What is the jump program 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What is the jump program 

https://www.t-mobile.com/benefits/jump-phone-upgrade

Badge

I am having a horrendous experience getting my bill straightened out since October.  I am being charged monthly for “free” phones.  My bill should be $100. It is $136. I have spent hours trying to get it straight. I am more than ready to return to Verizon.  Entered under the $830 promotion, which was not credited. We were charged full price for the phones and received a pittance for our old phones.   No one is listening or responding.  I did get a response, albeit an incorrect one, from the local T-Mobile.  Engaged in a long chat with someone who could not speak English and another agent who simply gave me prosaic responses.  Nobody is listening.  I have no complaints about service, although I get no coverage in many areas. I WILL CANCEL BEFORE I PAY FOR A “free” PHONE!