• 24 April 2019
  • 7 replies

How do I block private calls on the family plan

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 26 April 2019, 17:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4

So there is unfortunately no way to block a private caller as we are not able to identify them as they come in 😥 You can however block calls that are likely to be scam calls for free. Scam ID & Scam Block

Badge

My Scam Block settings are definitely on but it did not block a private number that I positively know that it’s a Scam Call pretending to be Amazon!😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i dont believe they have made any advancements on it being able to block private callers so far..

there are 3rd party apps out there that will auto yeet numbers not on your contacts and or private numbers directly to your VM and or answers then turns right around and hangs up on them..

i havent used one of them in about 10+ years but theyre out there and available if youre needing some extra muscle to handle it.

T-Mobile is not trying to fix the spam problem.  There should be an option to simply 100% block private calls from messages and calls.  I have #662# and Scam Shield installed, and I still have received 23 calls and voicemails today from Private and Unknown, all leaving a Fake Amazon message.  I called T-Mobile customer support and a representative told me that there’s nothing they can do unless I pay for the premium package.  Ha!  So they can’t fix it unless I pay $5/mo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Luckily I haven't received any as of yet.

Well there is actually a way that the developers can use.

Option 1 - Design a spam block that will only allow fully registered numbers to come in.

Option 2 - A more draconian solution would be to only allow incoming calls in your contacts file.

So ping the T-Mobile developers and get them to adopt and option or two.I think the Option 1 would be my choice of mitigation.

Got a Private number spam and the guy sounded from India and he wanted to fix my computer or laptop. I can not see the number but the info button says that the number has been verified. That guy's was shocked when I told him that all I had was a typewriter 😂