How do you contact T-mobile's complaint department? Is this it? How do I email or write the CEO?

• 13 February 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

This company has engaged in false advertising, unintentionally I trust.  Yet, why should I bear the expense of their care team’s error.

In trying to take advantage of the buy one get one offer, I was initially told I needed to pay $300 down, I did that.  After taking payment, the young man came back and say I needed to pay full price for phone to take advantage of offer because there was not enough credit expended and all phones on plan needed to be covered by credit or cash.  I paid full price $748 for phone. We had a long back and forth conversation about how I would recoup the $300 that’s already been paid on what should essentially be a free phone.  My take away was $16 monthly would be billed, then a credit of $29 would be given.  Ok, if it has to be this way, I do get my money back.  This didn’t happen.  After humorous call and countless unkept promises, I have been told that the young man should have told me I didn’t qualify for that promotion and we can split the difference, I need to pay half price for the phone.  That I not viable solution for me.

I need/want contact information for Mike Sievert,  President & Chief Executive Officer and Callie Fields, Executive Vice President, Customer Care.  Mr. Sievert lauds a focus on “fixing customers pain points”.  The above isn’t the only pain this customer has experienced with T-Mobile.  I have called customer care sooooo many times and I will say they all seem and sound knowledgeable and they are nice and courteous. I have only connected with one knucklehead. They all tell you they have provided the best solution for you but the solution is not finalized. The promise to call you back and do not.  They send you contact info to call them back and the contact info do not work.  I have unresolved issues and there is no way to contact an officer that can make a difference.  

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is a community forum. You can complain all you like here. No one can do anything about it. There, there. Have a (virtual) cookie.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I’m curious if this is promo you saw on our page or was this something that you discussed with the rep only. That’s really strange to be charged one price and being told you have to pay the full cost of the phone. We also have a list of our current deals here. Does the one you’re talking about show up there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Once you’ve tried dialing 611 and obtaining billing support, you may / may not get what you’re looking for.

Beyond that, you’d need to escalate through the BBB or other external means (FTC/PUC,FCC).

As a note, I’ve had mixed results with BBB escalations through T-Mobile’s ‘office of executive management’.   Device/billing is typically easier to get resolved than something truly technical (i.e. ‘No service in a service area typically does not get resolved unless there is a deployment already being planned for that area).

This is a community forum. You can complain all you like here. No one can do anything about it. There, there. Have a (virtual) cookie.

You sir are stupid, and you do speak for shiT-mobile. You already have cookies, right? Let me know if you need more.

On March 24 Gateway wired to PC download speed was 20 Mbps all day “normal is 100 to 150”.  I called the T-Mobile store that sold me the Gateway and they had no idea about slow speed, but they call  Gateway support at 844-275-9310.  

This T-Mobile Gateway support is in the Philippines. I gave the agent my low speed data and after a 40 minute call, they assured me they would investigate and call me at 3pm the exit day.

Right on time, the Philippines agent called, and explained that yesterday's very low download speed issue on my Gateway was due to maintenance on the tower that sends 5G to the Gateway. 
I requested that T-Mobile inform customers when tower [or other] maintenance is scheduled that could cause customer's Gateway speeds to be lower than normal.

The T-Mobile agent said I would be informed about planned tower maintenance or other, that would cause internet performance issues.

My question to the Gateway user group is: “has T-Mobile EVER  informed you of a planned outage and/or maintenance that could effect your Gateway performance?”

I want the Gateway to be function as quoted, but if T-Mobile will not support Gateway customers, then they are no better than the cable company, I’m want to replace. 

Hello everyone on Sunday I was talking to a lady from T-mobile, that told me about the promotion they have going on, I was going to get paid on Tuesday, which she was going to call me on Wednesday so  I could get the deal on the 13 pro max. Np one call me, and when I do call they are now telling me that I have to open a new line to get that deal, And I know that was not want the Lady told me and Sunday. I hope the CEO will see what these people are doing to their customers. because if I didn’t have them for all these years I would be sure to leave them. Would not invited anyone to them because they never treat me good.

I have been a customer with tmobile for 17 years.  I have recently made my first claim ever on a iphone 11 pro max for damaged, it is a phone that I am making payments on and that is under insurance.  And it was denied not once but three times.  Tmobile supervisors promised to get me a replacement in house, and to this day that promissed has not been fulfilled.  Im stuck with a balance and no phone for three weeks.  Yay Tmobile.  i will make sure I will go viral in all the social medial and have people know how you screw you customers and I will not leave with that, I will make a claim through general attorney. and seek law suit.

Badge

I have been with Sprint (now T-Mobile) for 20 years. The only way I have been able to get any issues  resolved (phone reps lie - phone bill will go down if you get a tablet (HA)) is to call and ask for the retention department. Don’t any discuss with the phone reps any problems they can’t do anything.

I signed up 55+ contract for $90.00 monthly payment. Every month I’m receiving a different amount of bills I call Costumer Service every month on the phone for hours everybody assure me everything is readjusted I don’t have any more problem. However, I still having a problem every month spending time on the phone for hours. This month I received a bill for $1,017,99. I called I was on the phone 1 and ½ hour again, the representative told me somebody made a mistake she corrected I have to sign another EIP agreement which will be e-mailed to me. I still don’t received the e-mail I called again spoke to another representative who promised me everything is OK, she will make sure I will receive e-mail I still don’t received. Every single month I’m going through the same problem, with my bill. Somebody can correct or due anything about this, or I have to change carrier. I need some discount going through this horrible experience. 

Badge

Call and ask for Customer Retention. Customer service will keep telling you they can help but just repeat customer retention and they will transfer you to them or tell them to close your account and they will immediately switch you.  They are the only ones that can actually fix anything.

Back a few years ago (we’ve been with them 7 years) the Customer Service was amazing.  Now their “experts” either don’t know what they’re talking about, or get paid to lie.  I don’t know.  A little over two years ago, they added a line at my request (I called three times, and all three “experts” said we could do that, so we did), and they said we could get a new smartphone at half-price, so we did.  Well, for a few months, it was half-price.  Then they told us that our plan didn’t allow for the addition of a third line.  I had to switch that line back to the previous carrier.  And they added a charge for the few months of paying half-price monthly installments for the new phone, then started to charge full price each month.

Has anyone else had this experience with T-Mobile?  They need to be called to account.  I talked to another “expert” about a month ago, and they said they could switch the line now.  I called the other carrier while still on another line with T-Mobile (a recorded line, because- you know).  They gave me the port-in code.  T-Mobile ported the number (again).  Then the “expert” told me that nope, we’d have to pay almost double for the monthly service.  I ported it back while still on the phone with him.  Then I spoke to his supervisor about the previous ripoff with the “half-price” phone.  They said they’d file a request to get me half my money back.  It takes up to a couple weeks, they said.  It’s been over a month- I have heard nothing.  My last call with an “expert” took over two hours, by the way.  We have a corporate store nearby.  One of the nice employees there used to work in corporate CS as an “expert”.  She told me that our monthly plan includes Netflix.  I disagreed, but she reassured me.  I checked. I know now that even when the “experts” move on to other positions, they’re still always wrong.  How does T-Mobile not know this?  They host this forum. They need to be held accountable.

I am a new switch to T-Mobile today, but got charged from the day I talked to the Representative, please reverse the charge and correct my bill, thanx.

I have been a T-Mobile customer for 20+ years. Up until now, I have been happy with their service. However, about a week ago I began to see advertisements for free I-Phone 14+ and Samsung S23 phones for new customers. I called into T-Mobile support on Monday 2/13/2023,27  to see if they would give me the same offer they were giving to new customers. Previously, when I dialed 611 or called T-Mobile customer service, I spoke with someone in Texas. The last time I had an issue was a few years ago, so I was surprised that the Customer Service people are now in the Philippines. It is difficult to communicate with the representatives due to the lag time in each other's voices as well as their accent. That resulted in both of us talking over each other multiple times. 
In any case, I called on Tuesday, and, after waiting on hold for 27 minutes, I hung up and called back about a half hour later, and, again, waited on hold for 39 minutes. The Representative who answered was very nice, and after hearing my question, and doing research, he told me he would have to speak with a supervisor who would call me back withing 24 - 48 hours. The first person who called me back went to voice mail (my phone never rang), so I was unable to speak with them. The next person that called me back was on Friday 2/17/23, and they simply said that they were still checking into it and would call me back within 24 - 48 hours. They called back today, and again, their call went right to voice mail (my phone never rang). I called in to try and get an answer, and, again, waited on hold for 35 minutes. The Representative who answered was unable to answer my issue, and said she would have to bring in a supervisor who would call me back. I told her I would prefer to hold on since I didn't want another call to go directly to voice mail. After waiting another 5 minutes or so, the supervisor, EUGENE ID#231010, came on the line. He refused to read the notes on my file, and insisted that I go over all of the details with him again. He was absolutely no help, and was also very rude. After all of this, he told me the offers I was seeing were only for new customers, and he would offer me nothing. I said I guess I will look into going to Verizon, since they were offering promotions to new customers. I then hung up with this very rude and incompetant supervisor. About 30 minutes later, I received a message on my phone that said "sim card not provisioned mm2". When I googled that, I found that it meant that my sim card was deactivated. I went online to my business account to try and get help there, and it no longer recognizes me there. Therefore, EUGENE disabled my sim card without my authorization!!! I plan to go to a T-Mobile store tomorrow to get this resolved, but I am fuming mad at T-Mobile, and I would no longer recommend that anyone use T-Mobile for phone service. What happened to this once great company???

My level of frustration with T-Mobile is through the roof . . . so many problems. Then, one day I had a great experience when I reached  the Meridian Call Center (no idea of the city or state).  They fixed the screw ups and were the only people at T-Mobile that were worth anything.  As a matter of fact, they told me that the offshore call centers are told to be very nice and DO NOTHING.  I have sent two letters to the Customer Service Department in Albuquerque, NM (the address listed on the T-Mobile website)  As you might expect, I got no response. 

The best advice I found on this tread was calling Retention Department.  BTW, can they fix anything or do I just threaten to go to another carrier?  I wouldn’t mind staying at T-Mobile (believe it or not) if they did anything to address the concerns of the customers.

BTW, every time I call 611, I ask to speak with the Meridian Call Center and they say they have no way of reaching them so, the only people they ever helped me, are unreachable.  Sounds like something out of the book Catch-22.

I think your system stinks I use to pay my bill with sprint over the phone and it took two seconds and done.  You waste everyone one time just to pay a bill. and then when it doesn’t work and a operator comes on you want to charge a extra !0.00 this is disgusting,   you give me no choice but to choose a different vender I certainly have not been happy with t mobile maybe you should take your lead from sprint who was user friendly and didn’t charge there customer when there system didn’t work right.

you are one horrible company

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you fully switch your sprint account to a TMO account? and not the one that you were put onto when the merger happened..an actual go in and get it fully switched to TMO account?

Call and ask for Customer Retention. Customer service will keep telling you they can help but just repeat customer retention and they will transfer you to them or tell them to close your account and they will immediately switch you.  They are the only ones that can actually fix anything.

There is absolutely no retention department to speak to. Team of Experts (Account Care) is your retention. When you ask for retention, you probably are speaking to global care (Not based in US) and they just put your call back into the que and you end up with a stateside rep. I can say with 100% certainty that T-Mobile hasnt had a retention department for quite some time now. Since TEX came around.