Question

How Many Others Were Lied to About Your EBB Eligibility

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm curious how many other customers were lied to by T-Mobile's customer service about your eligibility for the FCC's Emergency Broadband Benefit. I was told, as of this writing, that if you open a NEW T-Mobile Home Internet Plan, you can receive the EBB pending approval through the FCC. This is a LIE. After dozens of emails, calls, and complaints spanning over a month, I was told by the Office of the President of T-Mobile that you may receive EBB only if your plan was active prior to March 10th. You will NOT find this information publicly listed on any of T-Mobile's website. 

However, even with this March 10th cutoff date in mind, if you call and ask customer service about opening a NEW account, you will be lied to and told you can receive EBB. Buyer beware. Even after reporting this to the FCC and making it known to T-Mobile's upper management, this lie is still being spread and causing customers to sign up with the false belief they will receive a monthly discount. Call customer service and check yourself. As of this writing, you will be lied to. This is not the customer service representative's fault. T-Mobile's management is refusing to fix a problem they are now very, very aware of. 

@tmo_adam_c @tmo_adam_m @tmo_alexis_p @tmo_mike_c @tmo_amanda @tmo_amandac @tmo_andrew_b @tmo_ben_m @tmo_brandy @tmo_brian_k @tmo_caton @tmo_ian 

17 replies

I filed a complaint with the fcc along with screenshots of their failure to disclose any of this on any of their links or terms/conditions, knowing I am a first time TMobile customer as of 9/2021 with approval for ebb program 9/2021

Same here but they say say your plan doesn't qualify

I don't know the exact number. From what I have read today, it's not a small number of people which are filing complaints through the FCC.

Nightmare.. they still signing people up over commission phone sales!

yes they tried to sign me up online first but i didnt gave a credit card. so i went in. i just looked it up and what i see is only the 10 gb is covered i will find out when i return

Well I feel like a total idiot. I had centurylink getting the 65 dollar fiber with speeds up to 955. I was getting the EBB discount paying only 15 dollars. I just moved and found out that internet was available the tmobile.  I asked directly about the EBB and can I bring it over. She said YES. ( and yes tmobile it's on recording) so I went from a great service to only getting 2 freaking bars and now told I can't get the EBB. This should be illegal. And now for me to get my service back I got to pay for another deposit, my firsts month in advance etc. I am calling a lawyer tomorrow. I will repost if I can get a class action going 

I did this whole EBB thing back in July and tried doing the application and said I wasn't eligible because of my rate plan and I got so frustrated I called them multiple time and one guy said he changed my rate plan and wait 1 to 2 billing cycles and I did nothing happened. Called again and again and again and every time I called it was either its wrong rate plan or I never did the application when supposedly the guy did it over the phone when supposedly changed my rate plan. Well this last time I called the lady said about the March 10 or 12th deadline that makes you eligible but it says that no where on their website. She also said  I can try and make your plan 20 dollars cheaper but this was after I threaten to cancel my home internet with them. I am a single mom on dialysis this EBB program would really hope. They really need to stop lying to all these people. This is ridiculous

I'm curious how many other customers were lied to by T-Mobile's customer service about your eligibility for the FCC's Emergency Broadband Benefit. I was told, as of this writing, that if you open a NEW T-Mobile Home Internet Plan, you can receive the EBB pending approval through the FCC. This is a LIE. After dozens of emails, calls, and complaints spanning over a month, I was told by the Office of the President of T-Mobile that you may receive EBB only if your plan was active prior to March 10th. You will NOT find this information publicly listed on any of T-Mobile's website. 

However, even with this March 10th cutoff date in mind, if you call and ask customer service about opening a NEW account, you will be lied to and told you can receive EBB. Buyer beware. Even after reporting this to the FCC and making it known to T-Mobile's upper management, this lie is still being spread and causing customers to sign up with the false belief they will receive a monthly discount. Call customer service and check yourself. As of this writing, you will be lied to. This is not the customer service representative's fault. T-Mobile's management is refusing to fix a problem they are now very, very aware of. 

@tmo_adam_c @tmo_adam_m @tmo_alexis_p @tmo_mike_c @tmo_amanda @tmo_amandac @tmo_andrew_b @tmo_ben_m @tmo_brandy @tmo_brian_k @tmo_caton @tmo_ian 

I've been given the runaround concerning the lifeline/ebb program as well... for over two months and multiple calls. Each call consisted of a half an hour (minimum) wait time, explaining my situation all over again, being on hold, explaining more again, holding again, being told the same "I don't know," speel, empty promises, misguided directions. The one thing I don't agree with you on is that it's not the customer service representative's fault. They represent the company and are hired to ethically help us, with that position they assume responsibility of negligence and wrong doing as well, fair or not. And I guarantee you that by this point they know exactly what's going on, they're just trained to keep to the script or be fired. And the script is crooked and af. You're telling me that a multimillion (billion) dollar company accidentally didn't train their reps on a federally funded discount program? No way. If you check the t-mobile website it will have a drop down of plans that qualify for the ebb discount. When you click on this it doesn't say what these qualifying plans are (why?), rather it says to call customer care. Then you call and the agents "have no idea" what you're talking about. Sadly, that's just the start of a insanely long, drawn-out, stressful process that ultimately ends up with you adding to this thread.

This has happened to me too. Has anyone received a reply from corporate or anyone with a satisfactory resolution? I am paying $50 for their home internet that when signing up definitely qualified for the EBB Program. Later told about the March cutoff after demanding to talk to a supervisor. 

Again has anyone received a reduction in rates or a satisfactory resolution? And, if so, how did you go about it?

The same thing happened to me I was getting the EBB discount with another company. T-Mobile sent me a link to qualify through them again. I qualified order the home internet then was told EBB would be added in 15 days. Called back they said they had to put in a ticket. Then called me back and said I had to sign up before March. I’m sitting here with 2 bars and $50 internet when I was paying $10 with the other company with the EBB discount. This is a scam for T-Mobile. I going to cancel everything soon.

Badge

As far as I know the offer for ebb timed out as of September 4th 2021. Another words nobody can get it because it's no longer a program 

I can’t tell you the number of problems I’ve had with Tmobile! Four months ago they lied to me and Store about a buy one get one deal on a watch it took me months to fight with them after I started to get charged for both and then was told that the promotion was only available for certain plans which was not talk to me in the store the salesman even explicitly told me what my rate increase would be which would be $30 a month my bill went up over $80 a month. 

I finally reached out to a supervisor of the chain after months and months and lots of calls and text back-and-forth and promises that they would resolve it. 

and then I signed up for ABB I was approved I went to their website I ordered the Internet successfully they sent me the device and then long behold I get a bill. At that point I called them and then learned that my plan does not qualify. So they want me to enroll in another plan spend approximately $60 more a month to get that plan so that I qualify for the $50 credit. 

Absolutely ridiculous  the scams that they run!

I’m not going to move up to a different plan, I’ve been grandfathered in for years and I’ve been with T-Mobile since well before they were formed back when they were Cingular wireless. I think they’ve done this 2000s and thousands of people and enough’s enough I’m not getting any quality service I am constantly stuck in these predicaments with excusesMy goal now is to get the device is paid off and moved to a different service because my bill is close to $400 a month right now and it’s absolutely absurd That’s with home Internet a family of five on mobile & data and two phones on a payment plan ..

i’m not gonna continue to tolerate their lies!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’ve been grandfathered in for years and I’ve been with T-Mobile since well before they were formed back when they were Cingular wireless.

Have to question your time with T-Mobile, when in fact Cingular became AT&T.

Cingular Timeline

Badge

This is just one of the many lies T Mobile has been telling  their customers over the last couple of years. It keeps getting worse and worse. Their biggest lie is the one claiming they were hacked. They were not. They created the whole scheme. And are in fact the hackers themselves. My credit, my bank accounts, my income, everything has been destroyed by them. They aren't the only ones involved either. Bank of America, PayPal, the Social Security Administration, and others. Creating a setup that's been almost impossible to survive. So far no escape.

They lied to me also. They laid the lies on thick. They told me that they would receive the EBB and distribute me a check in the future to cover the amount I had paid. I was weary, but trusted the expert. Now it’s as if they barely know what it is. I feel cheated. They told me that my IPad would be paid for by it. 

Badge

I also was told by at least 5 customer service representatives that I qualified for Lifeline program. I was approved and have sent in my application 5 times to T-Mobile. No response I have called... e-mailed.. live chat. No results. 

We need to file a class action suite ASAP