Solved

How much are the taxes and fees on the Essentials 55+ plan?

• 29 October 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge

Hello there,

Debating between the: 

Magenta 55+ at $70/mo, taxes and fees included, for 2 lines on autopay and the

Essentials 55+ at $55/mo plus taxes & fees. for 2 lines on autopay

Wondered if anyone on the Essentials 55+ plan could help out on what the taxes and fees you are paying per month are?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by williamblanco.a 10 March 2022, 05:16

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Taxes and fees vary by State and taxes can vary even down to the city level.  

Badge

AH, good point, thanks for your reply Syaoran.

Anyone from California care to share, just so I have a rough idea?

Taxes are probably going to be about the same from carrier to carrier, its”fees” that contain the surprises!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can do a Google search and find your answer. There's a site that breaks it down by state and ranks them. Just search phone taxes by states.

Badge

Thanks gramps28, I didn’t have much luck with googling before posting here, sites’ info either didn’t have a date or were old.

Anyway, I think I can figure out taxes. But it’s T-Mobile’s fees that remain a mystery. Companies can charge what they like for those.

Anyone here in CA willing to share their monthly total for the the Essentials 55+ plan?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry,  I have a grandfathered magenta one 55+.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You may want to ask a Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

The terms and conditions states that there are surcharges but doesn't list them.

Just changed from Magenta 55+ to Essential 55+ and my difference is $8.63 here in SO. CAL.

Don't know if it helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Out of curiosity what's the price difference between the 2 plans? Also did you lose any features by switching.

Badge

Thanks Williamblanco.a.

We're still on $35 per line Magenta 55+ because Essentials 55+ with the additional taxes and fees is close enough so that we get a discount on Netflix, effectively, plus a few other little extras.

The plan differences are listed here: 

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/unlimited-55-senior-discount-plans

Netflix, Taxes & Fees, LTE data and hotspot also abroad, and apparently 5G on my device.

At the moment that's my experience!

In NYC my two line plan of $55 essentials comes in at $65.66

I just signed up for the Magenta Essentials 55+ plan thinking I could save money, then they billed me $76.61 on my first bill (they said the autopay discount takes a few months to kick in), so the tax comes  to 17.43% for NE Oklahoma. I immediately upgraded to the Magenta 55+ $70 plan for 2 lines It is a no brainer. Twice as much data, wifi hotspot of 5gb and Netflix for $3.39 more a month. I guess they use the lowest tiered plan to draw in suckers like me and then get the hook in so you will upgrade. 

My bill for essentials 55 is 77.06 here in Florida.

it went up $5 a line because I would not switch to a less secure payment option. I use a credit card and they want me to use a debit card, which is less secure. I may be switching to Visible for $50 for a total of 2 lines ($25 for each line) for the same coverage, and they take credit cards.