• 31 August 2018
  • 38 replies

Show first post

38 replies

That's how my husband and I got ours together. We're in good shape

though. Hopefully this situation will help someone else. I think part of

it is the fact that Moto idnt the first thing you think of when you think

smart phone. They really are awesome though with less embedded apps, and

the projector saved us on vacation with oue little ones!

Thank you all for weighing in.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

So glad everything is working out! Many thanks to you and @kronikole for sharing your stories!

magenta2848034 comment is absolutely correct!!!! I have a Verizon phone - Google pixel - and both Verizon and Samsung reps could NOT figure out how to connect my mobile network. They even sent me a warranty replacement because they thought the watch was broken. Turns out I read magenta2848034 exact comment and did it myself. Shut my pixel off, took out my sim card, put it into my sister's Samsung Galaxy 7, activated the cell network/set up watch and mobile network on Samsung Galaxy phone, turned off Samsung, took out my pixel sim card, put my sim card back into pixel phone, repaired watch with pixel phone. Worked like a charm. The only thing is is that I had to initially connect the watch to the Samsung phone with WiFi then on the watch clicked use mobile network same as phone and the Samsung phone automatically let me connect to Bluetooth/initiate the mobile network connection - select "always on" mobile network on watch at first just to make sure the transfer of sim card to non-samaung phone works.  Connecting with Bluetooth only may work but I couldn't get it to. Also! After re-pairing watch to pixel after I put the sim card back in the watch automatically wanted to restart because of the new device - says you'll lose personal data but the mobile connection didn't get turned off/lost. This may all seem wordy/a little confusing but the original comment helped me TREMENDOUSLY. Literally NO ONE could figure it out at Verizon or Samsung despite 3+ hours working on it/problem solving. Great work Jay at T-Mobile and  magenta2848034 for spreading the word. Thanks much and good luck to all with non-Samsung phones!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there, as you can see from above, the LTE on the Galaxy Watch does work, it just has to be set up properly.  For example, if you do not have a Samsung Galaxy phone, you have to borrow one and insert your SIM into the Samsung device, set up the LTE, then move your SIM back to your regular phone.  This is after you have set up your line for Multiple Devices, paired your Data with Paired DIGITS line to your primary line, and activated the watch's EID.

I bought one of these 2 days ago. I just have a LG k10 all I had to do was download the wear app and follow the steps it installed easy. the only thing that does not work so far is no mail app without the Samsung phone. But I actually prefer that so I don't fill up the watch with spam. New gmail e-mail comes in the notifications anyway so I can still read it. (note I don't use Samsung pay and such so no idea if that works)

I just thought I would post this because I was as confused as everyone else when I was deciding to buy it and read this thread.

And by the way I get LTE!!

I wonder if this will work with the new Active2?  If so, this is great.  I was wondering if this might work. Wasn't sure, but it is great that it does.

Thanks.

If you have any plot or land then you can apply for Jio Tower Installation.

Apply Jio Tower

Jio Tower Monthly Rent

Jio Tower Advance Amount

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there!  First, did you get your eSIM actvated?  Did you get your watch from T-Mobile?  If so, you should have a new line set up with the Data with Paired DIGITS plan.

If you didn't get it from T-Mobile, you'll want to ensure that you do have a line on your account with the afore mentioned plan.  Once you have established the line, you'll want to make sure it is paired with your phone number.  Manage DIGITS users and pairings

There isn't a ton of info out there about setting up this particular watch, but I can't help but wonder if it is very different from Samsung's previous standalone devices.  First-time use: Samsung Gear S3 frontier  might be able to give you some clues.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @kronikole​!

@magentatechie is spot-on. Did the steps she passed along help you activate your watch?

Keep us posted!

Actually, no. I don't really see "steps" in any of the posts.  I see that you think this watch will be the same as all the others.  But it is absolutely not. After hours on the phone, T-Mobile could not get the eSIM recognized.  Of course, T Mobile support knows all the steps to get the the correct DIGITS plan working.

Then I spent another two hours in the T-mobile store, and even the store associate needed to call T Mobile support, and THEY had to escalate.

Currently, I do have a number for the watch, but all calls go to voicemail.  The watch does not ring.  I paired it with an iPhone from Verizon, and the Bluetooth connectivity works great! I get calls texts and message from m iPhone.  Yay Verizon!

Point is, all screens and commands are different on this watch, and you will need to go to work to update your documentation. One very important thing is that with this watch there is no ICCID on the watch.  No matter how many times T Mobile asked me for the ICCID, I had to give them the same answer/

Hopefully it will start working today.

I have found the exact same issue.  I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get 2 devices (I took them up on their half price deal) working and being thrown to different departments.  One person would tell me they only work with Samsung phones.  This is certainly not in the documentation.  I think this is so new, they do not have their software and processes down yet on how to activate this phone.  If I am wrong, someone tell me what the secret is because I am extremely frustrated,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Alrighty, terribly sorry about that- I had no idea that this watch would be so different from the previous versions!  I certainly agree that there needs to be more updated information about the new watch. 

I am curious about a couple of things, though- when you say that T-Mobile couldn't get the eSIM recognized, I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Did they receive an error message when they attempted to activate the eSIM on your Data with Paired Digits line?  Was there any mention of the EID?  This is a number located on the original box that is used to activate the eSIM.  Also, the ICCID and the SIM are the same number, are you saying that your watch has nothing in the space at Settings>About Watch>Device?  I ask because we did have another fellow whose eSIM/ICCID was missing or blank in his settings.

I realize you have spent a ton of time trying to get the watch up and running and I know you're very frustrated.  Again, I'm sorry for assuming that the watches would be similar to set up. 

If you can, could you please call me on the number ending I'm 0150? This

is Renee Rapp, the wife. I know the situation, but I'm not one to converse

this way.

TY