Solved

How to get free wifi on airlines?

• 9 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

One of the benefits I wanted to take advantage of on my plan was free wifi on aircraft.  I have not been able to find information on how to access it.  I fly mostly on United.  How do I get access?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 1 August 2022, 21:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

First off, the free WiFi is only on Go-Go and many newer planes seem to be using a different WiFi system. Second, logging onto Go-Go can be problematic because you have to be able to receive a verification text. It works perfectly on my wife’s S20 but on my OnePlus 8T, I will have to take the phone out of airplane mode for a few minutes to receive the text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey TomMueller, Traveling can be exciting and stressful all at the same time so it is nice when you have access to some extra benefits to make things a little more enjoyable. Our travel benefits updated recently, so I wanted to share some information about what we got going on. You want to make sure that your plan includes our T-Mobile In-Flight Connection feature and you should be able to see that under your add-ons for your line. Most plans provide 4 full-flight unlimited sessions within a calendar year. After that you can get unlimited one-hour sessions, so you can stream or surf the internet for one hour on as many flights as you take throughout the year. Our MAX, Plus, and other higher plans do offer unlimited full-flight service. After you check your plan, you want to make sure that the flight you are on partners with us to provide the free wifi. Alaska, American, and Delta are the most common. 

Account ✅

Flight ✅

Now you want to check your device and make sure that your device is wifi calling capable and enabled. When you get on the flight you can turn on airplane mode and wifi, then connect to the inflight wifi network. 

TL;DR, Here is some great information, steps, and a VIDEO to help make all of this easy peasy! T-Mobile In-Flight Connection On Us | T-Mobile Support