Solved

How to proceed for Sim replacement?

• 5 June 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have recently lost my sim during changing phone.  I would like to get a sim replacement with maintaining the existing number,  Please let me know how should I proceed?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 8 June 2018, 16:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Do you live far from a T-Mobile store? If I have a problem needing a SIM card that is my best way since I live about 9 miles north of a corporate store. There probably is another way. Hope that helps.

Currently I am resided overseas for few months and no where near T-Mobile

outlet. Is there any way for me to request the replacement online?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I wish I could help. Hopefully one of the moderators or one of the other members know more.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @kennethkong​!

We don't ship products overseas, but if you know someone in the States that can get one on your behalf then mail it to you, that would be ideal. The only catch to that is that the person must be listed as an authorized user on the account. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Buy or replace a SIM card

Thank you, Amanda. I will get a new sim card instead of replacement.

Badge

I realise this is an old thread, but I don’t know how to start a new one. I am overseas, with a 2014 Nokia Lumia 521 Wi-Fi calling phone where the Wi-Fi calling is a lifeline, especially as my US banks now want to send a text security code. I am on a T-mobile legacy prepaid plan from 2014.

I would like to upgrade to a newer phone, but they use the smaller SIM card. I have someone in the US who will mail the SIM to me, but how do I activate it (with me being prepaid and overseas). Covid has closed our country to all travel and it is unlikely we will be allowed to travel in 2021. I do have a US land line number as well, if activation can be done over the phone.