Solved

I can't recive sms/text messages from Spain

Badge

Since a month ago aprox. I cannot recive any sms or Text messages from Spain. I don’t know why. The last November I upgrade my plan, but in December I restore my original plan again.

I don’t really know what to do for fixing this problem.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 8 March 2022, 23:08

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hmmm? Are you sure they are using the correct format for your phone number? (e.g. +1.234.567.8901) Can they receive your texts? I take it that you have no problem with domestic texts?

Badge

Yes, I have no problem with domestic texts.

I don’t know anything about how the sender use my telephone number. I could receive text messages from this sender until a month ago.

The sender is a Spanish Bank when I try to log in. I spoke with the Bank and They told me that their system/server sent perfectly the sms/Text messages… to me.

Thanks so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Customers often complain that they don’t receive 2FA codes from US domestic banks. T-Mobile is known to block texts that are considered “SPAM” by their system. You might want to try to contact Tech Support or T-Force to see if this sender is on the SPAM list.

Do you have trouble exchanging texts with individuals in Spain, too?

Badge

I just text to some friend in Spain, and he text me back without any problem…

I think I going to follow your advice and I’ll contact Tech Support or T-Force (I don’t know what is T-Force, but I’ll figure that out...)

Thanks for everything, have a nice day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the T-Force team you can contact through either Facebook or Twitter..usually the recommended way to do it since it lands you with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support.

scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see “Connect with T-Mobile” and then the Facebook and Twitter logos..pick your poison and go from there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you use Twitter, you can reach T-Force by messaging @TMobileHelp

As @fireguy_6364 says, you need to get past the first level of support and talk with Tech Support or T-Force about this. Be in place where you can stay on the phone or computer for up to an hour and it would help if you were ready to log into your Spanish bank. They may need you to generate the 2FA text so they can watch it come into the system to see if it’s being trapped by the SPAM filter.

Badge

That sounds really good y helpful… Ok, I’ll do that.

Thanks a lot guys.

Badge

Since a month ago aprox. I cannot recive any sms or Text messages from Spain. I don’t know why. The last November I upgrade my plan, but in December I restore my original plan again.

I don’t really know what to do for fixing this problem.

Thanks in advance.

sounds suspicious.  banks should not contact customer via text but that's my opinion.  can you reach out to the bank and call them directly, or look up FCC to ensure that banks are allowed to do this.  

Badge

I absolutely agree with you. I have no problem right now because I decided to close my account with this Bank.

I’m happier… jejejeje

Thanks for your help.

Badge

I absolutely agree with you. I have no problem right now because I decided to close my account with this Bank.

I’m happier… jejejeje

Thanks for your help.

AWESOME!! muy bien amigo

Badge

Gracias colega.

Badge

I’m happier… jejejeje

Thanks for your help.

AWESOME!! muy bien amigo

one last thought try to call T-Mobile n tell them to fix it, but try Google messages and if so else falls try to see if you blocked it or email yourself at your phone number@tmomail.net maybe you were in airplane mode or in an apple device good luck so confusing.  my friend thought she had tmobile but i find that hers is boostmobile dot something.  cheers