Question

I had sent my old device iPhone 6 Plus to Tmobile for a trade in credit. The tracking # showed Tmobile warehouse already received it but no credit was issued. I have been contacted customer service so many times and they said they didn't receive the

• 26 October 2016
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I do wish we would have got this handled for you sooner, but I'm really glad this was taken care of. I've heard of this happening to other folks but I know we have an escalation path for this very issue. Thanks for coming back to give us an update on this.

I am in the same boat.  I traded in an iPhone 6.  Was noted as “received” on the UPS tracking site.  I followed the same steps, printed the shipping label as directed.  Still no acknowledgement from T-Mobile that the phone was received.  Very shady business practices.

Something very similar is happening to me! They are claiming that they received the package with my return phone but they didn't receive the device. Nor are they telling me if a phone was in the package or if it is a phone with a different imie number? I don't know what I'm supposed to do! What did you do to resolve this?

I just encountered some trade in scams. They encouraged me to get a new iPhone X and trade in my iPhone 6, saying it is qualified. Little that you know they declined the deal saying there is liquid damage, thus the trade-in is not qualified. I was never informed of procedure to check first if there is liquid damage, I am the original owner and I know the phone was never in any liquid. But since I didn't check, they can say whatever they want to say just to deny trade-in credit.

I asked to send my phone back and I am willing to send them the iPhone X, guess what, they allow me sending the iPhone X back but no return of my iPhone 6.

This is a scam. This is using a tactics to get you to buy a phone, since the deal also include auto debit, the consumer has only one choice to keep the paying the phone.

Don't do the trade-in, especially with T-mobile. I will file a complain to FTC. I will write to my congress and I will bring it to Department of Justice's attention.  There is a history with T-mobile, they can't just quit scamming and cramming. In 2014, T-Mobile lost a case filed by FTC and resulted in paying at least $90 million to settle a Federal Trade Commission lawsuit of cramming consumers. Here is the link: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2014/12/t-mobile-pay-least-90-million-including-full-consumer-refunds

This is what exactly happened to me. I traded my iphone 6s with t mobile and now they say that they have received the usps package but  they cannot track my phone. Not sure what to do now ??

The same thing happened to me.  I have receipt of them receiving my device; also, phone calls from a few different t-mobile reps. that the they received it; however, can not find it....... Won't give me credit for it; while at the same time raised my bill, tremendously (I was suckered into all the gimmicks) to get all the discounts!!!!  If this happens,-- this much, isn't there something we can do!!!!

Hi I sent in my XR for trade in back in May and the tracking is showing received but I still have not received my device credit. Can you please help with this?

Badge

I have kind of similar problem. I bought a Amazon certified phone and send it to T-mobile warehouse Texas for trade in program and I got an email saying they got the phone however they didn’t give me any credit. When I asked they said find my iphone is still turned on that is why I didn’t get credit, which is 100% not true. Amazon never sell phone without resetting and I also checked everything before I sent the device. Amazon also sent me the proof that find my iphone is turned off on that device, and they said there is also a website to check with device imei number to see if find my is turn on or off. They did Handset… research form, but when I read the problems of other people now I have no positive hope. Based on the conversation here, looks like they used new strategy to scam people.