I hate that customer service is being outsourced to different countries

• 8 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m not racist. I’m not looking down on anyone. It’s just hard to speak to customer service reps from out of the US. They are limited on what they can do. Half of the time what they say doesn’t end up happening how they explain. They say one thing and it’s wrong. I had someone give me a whole plan and saying he’d make a request to help us upgrades phones. Nothing he said was right or true. He was a manager! I spoke to someone in the US and they explained it all to me perfectly. I wasn’t happy with the results but it made sense, it was accurate information. I understood the details and how Tmobile worked. When I had another issue, a rep again from out the US made promises. Nothing happened how they said it would. I called customer service again and I got someone in the states, and again they fixed everything within mins. I hate this customer service. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Out of curiosity what makes you think the support was out of the country?

Today I was speaking to a business customer care supervisor, asking about what call center I was previously called by and was told it was in the Philippines, the same call center she was located.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Prepaid service is outsourced, not sure about business plans.

Post paid plans may be outsourced if they're called when US based call centers are closed.

I agree this is getting out of control we need native speakers from our own country. 

1. Customer support can never make updates. I used the wrong card and wanted them to change or stop the payment. With other services you have the ability to stop or make a change but when I called customer service they said it was not something they can do.

2. I called customer support to make a payment arrangement. I DO NOT WANT any company drafting money from my bank account automatically. In the past I could call and it could be updated so I can select payment method later so I can manually make the payment. Of course I was told yet again that this cannot be updated. At this point it’s frustrating and makes me not want to keep the mobile service with Tmobile. If other carriers can assist and work with us, why continue with a company that can’t help.