Solved

I just reached 55 two days ago but they told me I am not eligible to receive my Senior discount

• 19 September 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge

Hi.

I just reached my 55 two days ago.  However TM customer represent told me that my current Essential plan with 4 lines is not eligible to receive any senior discount even though I have T-Mobile Home internet installed.   I paid for T-Mobile  all together $192 monthly.

I remembered back in July, one TM customer represent mentioned to me that I will have senior discount on my plan ONCE I reached 55 …. but I just called them a min ago …. disappointed they told me NO because my Essential Phone Plan is not eligible JUST because of I have 4 lines on it.   

I am so disappointed 😕

icon

Best answer by amazinggracelady 25 September 2022, 06:27

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @amazinggracelady for posting that chart! It is a great resource for this conversation. It is still accurate. The Magenta and Magenta MAX 55+ plans do allow 4 lines. The Essentials 55+ only allows 2 lines. 

@Happy_Friday I sincerely apologize that our teams got your hopes up about that senior discount. You really are getting the best rate for the 4 lines with the Essentials plan you have because upgrading to one of the 4 line 55+ plans would cost you a minimum of $20 more per month. 

Badge

I’d definitely call 611 again and try cause I really think it’s up to 4 lines plus the other perks I mentioned previously. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I thought they changed it. I don't know why the didn't change it on that Tmobile page.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/magenta-unlimited-55-netflix

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looking at the terms of the 55+ plans it is for 2 lines. It seems like every December I'm offered a chance on adding a line but I never do because I have no need.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/unlimited-55-senior-discount-plans

Badge

Thank you so much

Badge

I have the senior plan but I think 3 lines is as many as you can have on the 55 and over plans.  They do that so families won’t get the ijncredibly cheap discount of $30!

Badge

Hi The 55 Magenta Max 55+ can have up to 4 lines which gives you a $20 discount on internet, free apple tv and free Netflix for $45 per line. I’m currently on the lower Magenta 55+ at $35 per line for up to four users free Netflix 6 months of Apple TV but no internet discount(I did hear seniors do get internet for $40 but haven’t verified cause the Magenta Max plan takes it down to $30, but as soon as I get my T-mobile gateway and if it works well we are going to move to the Magenta Max 55+ plan. I hope this helps🤗🙏

Badge

Thank you very much.  I will try that out 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For some reason I can’t access the link but for the 55+ plans the account holder is the only one that needs to be 55 and I believe with the Magenta Max you can have more than 2 lines.

Contact Tmobile support using messenger on Facebook or Twitter the should be able to help you.

Badge

She told me about this Magenta plans plan but she didn’t mentioned any senior discount.  I knew $20 dollars discount for Home internet when you have Magenta plans.  If I accept the Magenta® MAX 55+ plan, I have to pay from Essential Plan with 4 lines + Home internet $192  to  $210.

I think she mean Seniors discount is JUST for 2 line ONLY.   If you have 4 lines into your existing account, it is NO go.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/unlimited-55-senior-discount-plans?cmpid=MGPO_PB_P_UNL55PLUS_43700058624144886_500407355734&gclid=CjwKCAjwpqCZBhAbEiwAa7pXeXivFZSXTwcnDKaw78B8G2zRcow-2P4aRvuaMqB3ppmpZuGTdEgkNRoCTUgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here’s a link. The discount is applied to these plans.

55+ Magenta plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to upgrade your plan to a 55+ Magenta plan.