Question

I miss Sprint!! Sprint should've bought T-Mobile out!

• 15 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Why does it take so loooooooooooong for anything to load with this service, especially pictures?  5G???? I don’t think so.  I used to bounce around with Sprint with ease, this takes FOREVER!!!!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

type of phone? does it only seem to happen in certain areas? have you attempted to do anything on your side to try and fix it? restart the phone? turn airplane mode on for a couple minutes then switch it back off to force the phone to re search out a better connection? are there any other TMO phones around you and if so are they running into this as well or just your phone? and was it purchased from TMO, brought from another carrier or purchased another way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wasn’t going to happen (Sprint buying T-Mobile). Sprint had been slowly circling the drain since 2010, losing money on every customer. When Softbank realized the sort of capital outlay it would require to make Sprint a viable network, they grabbed their proverbial hat and headed for the exit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is with 1 bar of 5G. Not bad.

Badge

@fireguy_6364 I have the Samsung 22 plus which I purchased from TMO.  When I posted about it on social media, a number of my friends (both who were with Sprint and who weren’t) are experiencing the same issue.  It doesn't seem to be that big of an issue when I’m in WiFi, but obviously I’m not always in WiFi.  Many times I have restarted my phone to fix the problem, but have never turned airplane mode on.  I will give that a try.  It doesn’t only happen in certain areas, it’s all over the place, and it’s not like I’m in a rural area or anything.  Thanks for the advice.

Badge

@gramps28 Not bad at all.  I don’t know what’s going on with mine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That speed is at work when I get home my speeds download speed at 10 but I can go a couple blocks from home and get 200-300 download speeds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If it doesn’t happen in certain areas.  That could be some sort of area interference where it is happening, a potentially more congested area of users, or different band deployed that just doesn’t perform as well.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ok...so next question..which sim card is in your phone? if you merged over from Sprint odds are the sim card you have is a R15..which if this is the case there should have been some notifications that you must upgrade into a different sim card now. might be the case if you were part of the merger move.