Solved

I want to add a person to my account online

• 21 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I am online, in my account and am trying to add a person to the account. I went to link that says just that. But all it wants to do is add a device..

I have my wife, and daughter as authorized users to purchase, upgrade etc in the any store if I am not there. How do i add another person.

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 22 November 2023, 20:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi there @Steve40th396 There are many different levels of authorization and they can be pretty confusing. I hope I can clarify. 

The “Add a person” option you are seeing online is to add a new line (phone number and/or device) to your account. Not really to add a permissioned person. 

If you want the person to be able to shop online or see more account details when they log in to T-Mobile.com or the app, then you can follow Set online permissions from T-Mobile Support to set that up. 

If you want them to be able to go to the store, then they have to be added as an authorized user on your billing account. You, as the account holder, would need to contact our support teams to verify your account and have their name added to that authorized user list. Most people on the Community prefer to contact by sending a direct message through Facebook or X. You can click the social media icon of your choice at the bottom of this page to do that. You could also message us from the app or website or call us at 611 from your phone. 

Hope this helps.