Question

Identity Hijacking

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

How am I looking w/r/t the hijacking that took place.  Total bugout - I still haven’t slept in two days!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what hijacking?

Badge

The one that occurred on Saturday, 4/15/23, around 7pm ET.  My phone locked and I was told to go directly to a T-Mobile store.  THere, the rep got me back into my phone.  However, upon leaving the store, my phone esim card locked again, making it unusable.  I was given no detail other than that this was the first time that anything like this had ever been troubleshooted by the owner of the TMobile store.  I have had zero follow up from TMobile on things that I should do to prevent this from happening going forward.  I’ve had no communication with TMobile despite their knowledge of what happened.  I am still fully at risk I suppose?  My FICO score certainly took a nice dive.  Probably certainly because of the hacker/hijackers access to my bank accounts (new accounts, etc).  just curious - is this normal?  If so, then I should be fine doing nothing I’d think, LOL!  That’s how TMobile is handling the situation.  HAHA  bogus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no not normal.

the fact that you said you spoke with the “owner” means the store youre going to is privately owned and not owned by TMO..if you have another TMO in that town i would hit up that one or contact TMO either through calling in (tier 1 support) to report it or through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter (tier 2 support) and ask them what steps are needed.

Badge

thank you, bud.  i really appreciate the guidance.  will revert back to keep you and others posted.  btw, i may come across as sarcastic, but i truly am concerned.