Question

identity theft

Badge

Why is t-mobile trying to steal my bank information?

They are trying to force me to give them my bank account for a discount.

They have already proven they CAN NOT protect your information.

I am going to be filing a complaint with yhe FCC about T-mobiles attempted id theft.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good luck with the complaint. It's your option to give it or not.

Getting this removal of discount shoved down my throat, is not cool with me.  I liked T-Mobile before the decision was made to move to auto withdrawals from personal bank accounts or else lose the so called  discount…..but I will not agree to open up my bank account to them nor to the many hackers that seem to love to break into T-Mobile accounts.  Note that T-Mobile has already been hacked twice in a row in 2023 and before that 2020.  They have no clue about how to protect their customer’s data.  Check out the article from the link below.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/t-mobile-discloses-second-data-breach-since-the-start-of-2023/#:~:text=In%20March%202020%2C%20T%2DMobile,phone%20numbers%2C%20call%20records).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Getting this removal of discount shoved down my throat, is not cool with me.  I liked T-Mobile before the decision was made to move to auto withdrawals from personal bank accounts or else lose the so called  discount…..but I will not agree to open up my bank account to them nor to the many hackers that seem to love to break into T-Mobile accounts.  Note that T-Mobile has already been hacked twice in a row in 2023 and before that 2020.  They have no clue about how to protect their customer’s data.  Check out the article from the link below.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/t-mobile-discloses-second-data-breach-since-the-start-of-2023/#:~:text=In%20March%202020%2C%20T%2DMobile,phone%20numbers%2C%20call%20records).

Fwiw,  Verizon was recently hacked as well as AT&T.

https://www.androidpolice.com/verizon-data-breach-2023/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/atandt-alerts-9-million-customers-of-data-breach-after-vendor-hack/

Badge

Every company gets hacked. Which is exactly why, not only should we as cutomers put them on notice that this is not acceptable, but also put the government on notice that this is happening and they should do something about it.

I for one WILL NOT be turning over my bank information to a company tha has PROVEN it can not be trusted with that kind of info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I knew this was coming for 4 months and instead of paying $60 a month for unlimited talk, text and data I'll be paying $70.

I can't go to Verizon or AT&T and get a plan similar to that.

Badge

That's you. As far as I know you work for t'mobile trying to make this sound ok. It isn't. It is a way for t-mobile and what ever hackers break their security, access to your bank account where, once it's gone good luck trying to get it back. I will continue to speak out on this AND I will continue to file com0laints until I find someone who wants to crack down on this. If it isn't illegal now to require this info for ANY reason it should be.

Badge

Also, I should mention, I am an IT professional.

Take my word for it or don't that's your choice, the more places yougive that info to the more likely you are to wind up broke and homeless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's you. As far as I know you work for t'mobile trying to make this sound ok. It isn't. It is a way for t-mobile and what ever hackers break their security, access to your bank account where, once it's gone good luck trying to get it back. I will continue to speak out on this AND I will continue to file com0laints until I find someone who wants to crack down on this. If it isn't illegal now to require this info for ANY reason it should be.

If you bother looking in my profile it states I don't work for Tmobile and if I did I'd have a special badge saying I did.

Badge

Listen, I think my message wil get to the people it was meant to get to which clearly isn't you. Thank for your opinion but I won't be replying to you anymore. If you don't like what I had to say, maybe we can just ignore each other until we go away. Thatxs my plan so have a great day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry, if you think posting on this forum it won't get far since it's basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation.

If you want to get your voice heard head over to one of Tmobile's social media platforms to voice your displeasure since that's where Tmobile's support team T-Force monitors complaints and questions.

Not only are they limiting how you pay, if your billing address is a PO Box it’s not acceptable to them. They want your physical address, which has nothing to do with billing. I suspect it’s a data grab, as if they didn’t have enough info on you.