Solved

International rates over WiFi calling

• 25 April 2018
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 4

WHILE YOU ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

.20 cents per minute is the rate you will be charged if you are in another country making or receiving calls from or to the United States.

WHILE YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, and/or MEXICO making calls to the Netherlands you will be charged $3 per minute for ALL CALLS (LandLine & Mobile) unless you add the Stateside International Calling feature to your current plan... then all of your calls would be unlimited and at no charge to you.

Note: The Stateside International Calling feature does not come standard with the T-Mobile ONE Plan.... it's included with the T-Mobile ONE Plus international Plan, otherwise you have to pay $15 for this feature.

I have the (grandfathered) Stateside International Calling feature... and it saves me so much money every month....

Thanks Chris!

Yes this is what I thought as well. So I was confused when billed $165 for a wifi call when roaming internationally from a simple global country (Canada) to another simple global country (Netherlands).

I was expecting 0.20$ per minute in this case but was charged $3.00 per minute. When I contacted customer care they told me that I am not eligible for this rate as I am on a TMobile One plan, but as you see, the page explicitly states that this is the rate specifically for a “TMobile One or Simple Choice rate plan”.

so you see why I’m confused?

laura

Userlevel 4

Hey @lnishikawa

A $200 charge on my bill would definitely be shocking! Wi-Fi calling is a great way to stay connected when you are in an area without T-Mobile coverage or the coverage is not strong enough and it also provides some benefits when roaming internationally. When in the U.S. Wi-Fi calls placed to other countries are subject to international long distance rates, based on your account/features you have.

You can see our international rates for any country you want to call here. Calling Abroad | Stateside International Services | T-Mobile​. If you opt to add our stateside international feature to your account, you can get discounted rates or even unlimited calling to landlines and mobile numbers in other countries.

I think the confusion here is that when you are roaming in another country (be it a simple global country) all calls are $0.25 a min incoming and outgoing (if it is to another simple global country). The Wi-Fi calling benefits come into play if you are making and receiving calls back to the U.S with Wi-Fi calling enabled otherwise it will still be $0.25.

For more information on WiFi calling and WiFi calling billing, you can check out our Wi-Fi Calling from T-Mobile support document for all the details.

TMO_Chris Mod Note- Updating correct answer to reflect current per/minute rates and link to WiFi calling. 1/3/2019