Question

iPhone 14 Pro Pre-Order Chaos

• 9 September 2022
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Am i the only one that cannot upgrade and pre order the iPhone 14 pro?

seems like t-mobile was completely unprepared for this.

on the apple side it says my number isn’t active, on t-mobile website says to contact t-mobile to upgrade. Chaos.

43 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yup, got someone right away and their systems seems down and she couldn’t process the upgrade. Directed me to do it myself, and they system says I have to call and stuck in a complete loop…. I get callback which are useless since they can’t do anything either it seems. I have to add after talking to multiple agents, they are even giving me the wrong information and I am having to argue/correct them about my job balances due and laughingly they keep asking I hope I am enjoying my experience as a T-Mobile customers. I get they don’t have a script but pretty tone-deaf responses especially for those West Coasters who got up early to make sure we could get the phones quickly.

I am having the same issue.  Was on the phone with T-Mobile last night to make sure I had the correct plan and then this morning nothing is working correctly.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried via Apple and they claim my number is “Inactive”. I cannot get in via the site as it seems the service is unavailable.

Support chat is highly unresponsive and I’d have to pay a $35 service charge on the line.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Please let me know if you guys are successful at pre ordering and how. Thank you

T-Mo caught with their pants down. 55 minutes in, and no one can pre-order. You are wasting my time!

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is just an utter mess. I am on the West Coast and woke up at the crack of dawn at 4:50am just to upgrade. I tried to upgrade online but it said that I don’t have a Jujmp! available when I do, and to call customer care. I called right at 5am and their systems are all messed up. Nobody can upgrade at all. 56 minutes and counting…...at least the customer care rep is really nice but c’mon TMO, get your ducks in a row.

Userlevel 2
Badge

On the apple side, it said an iPhone was reserved for me while they wait on t-mobile servers to come online. I’ll receive a link to finish the pre order. 

I can’t use the Apple service unfortunately. JOD. This happens every single year. I wish they would fix their systems already.

Same issues.  After trying for over an hour, I finally received the reservation message that Tmobile is down and they will message me to complete order.  One phone I will get on 9/16 (Iphone 14) but the Pro for the other line I will not get until 5 - 7 days later.  

I pre-ordered successfully through the MyAtt app 2 phones iphone14pro and a pro max went pretty smoothly there was one 10min glitch when trying to add the 2nd phone but it went thru and ship date on the 16th. Did this while I was trying to pre-order with Tmobile and even called tmobile and their systems were down. I was able to pay off the balance on my current phones at least lol

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can someone share the costs for jod for the iPhone 14 pro? 

This is such a mess / poor experience by T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I don’t think folks can answer that as it has to due with the outstanding balance on your phone, plus I was told you have to bring your account current, meaning you have to pay the outstanding monthly balance probably because it includes the job device payment.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think TMO need me to replace all their software engineers,….this is just absolutely ridiculous. 

Still down. Try to upgrade and it says I have to call. So I called and it gave a 45 Minute wait time. Set up a call back which they did but agent said to just try back in an hour as site was not working. Pretty amazing that in this day and age T Mobile could screw up a launch so well. On Apple site it will not communicate with T Mobile so as of now there does not appear to be a way to pre order. 

Still down. Try to upgrade and it says I have to call. So I called and it gave a 45 Minute wait time. Set up a call back which they did but agent said to just try back in an hour as site was not working. Pretty amazing that in this day and age T Mobile could screw up a launch so well. On Apple site it will not communicate with T Mobile so as of now there does not appear to be a way to pre order. 

Yep pretty much what happened to me lol amazing smh ATT came through we’ll see

Userlevel 2
Badge

They better be issuing bill credits or something for this debacle. 

They better be issuing bill credits or something for this debacle. 

I just think they need to fix their systems lol. But, yeah.. a bill credit would be nice. We’ve been at this for almost two hours. And now I need to wait for a call back. If you have JOD you can’t pre-order online anyways. It’s so annoying.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am sure ATT and Verizon are loving this huge error right now…: probably a lot of carrier switching because of it. All of their systems work, why can’t ours? Ugh. 

I am sure ATT and Verizon are loving this huge error right now…: probably a lot of carrier switching because of it. All of their systems work, why can’t ours? Ugh. 

You aren’t wrong. I bet a decent amount of people left. I think someone from this thread went to AT&T already.

You aren’t wrong. I bet a decent amount of people left. I think someone from this thread went to AT&T already.

Ironically enough, I know someone that just switched since they had time to burn. They compared their current TMO plan and what VZ was offering for iPhone trade-in + carrier switch. I’m a bit more patient but I can see this down time being used that way.

Ironically enough, I know someone that just switched since they had time to burn. They compared their current TMO plan and what VZ was offering for iPhone trade-in + carrier switch. I’m a bit more patient but I can see this down time being used that way.

Oh yeah, they really need to get things going. Apparently I’m on some call back list now. Just read the tweets to @TMobileHelp. They’re getting a lot of hate right now. It’s sad.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s ironic that they still have Pre-Order all over their website which isn’t working, and not a single thing about technical difficulties, ETA, or anything. Looks like Marketing has its act together!

I had the same issue and noticed something VERY INTERESTING…

I used an incognito browser and tried again with my identity hidden. The website for new customer intake works perfectly fine. I can go through the process and get quote for trade-in, as long as they did not find out I am a existing customer…

Another example T-mobile is too busy acquiring new customers and treating existing loyal users like 2nd-class citizens??

My order almost went through but the foreign rep did not take down my billing information correctly, then the system bombed again after that. Was on the phone since 4:45am PST. Tried through apple store app and they acknowledged T-Mobile systems are down but at least got a reservation code

It's been down now for over 3 hours.  Amazing that they cant figure out how to beef up their servers and be ready when they have done this for nearly 12 years now.