Question

ISO Billing Assistance Rescource help needed

• 30 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm currently looking for resources that can assist me with paying my past due bill. I got myself in a situation, I added 2 extra phone lines to my account: 1 line for my now exboyfriend and 1 line for a friend of mine. Conveniently, when the TMobile bill was due they both ghosted and now I'm stuck with a large bill, my service is suspended now, and I'm facing the bill being sent to collections. Does anyone know of any companies or resources that can help me pay this large bill, so I can get my service trimmed down to make it affordable and get my budget back on track. Please any advice would help.

Thank you, 

Steph

Colorado

2 replies

They both suck … I hope you confiscated their devices, or report them lost or stolen if they refuse to give them back. Return them to T-Mobile and it may be possible to reduce what you will owe otherwise. Setup a payment arrangement on the past due if you haven’t already. If you have service restored from suspension they charge ~22 dollars per line… adding to the burden. I don’t know about your state but I have heard of some assistance program that might help. You could try formally contacting someone in the billing department explaining the situation and how it could affect your financial well being… they say month to month with no contract so they should allow you to quit and not incur further charges. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I'm currently looking for resources that can assist me with paying my past due bill.

Hard to find a company or resource that pays for stupidity, unless it is government supported, or the government itself.

You may qualify for a free phone and service through a popular federal government Lifeline Assistance social program, until you get your finances in order.

• Medicaid/Medi-Cal
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)/CalFresh
  • Supplemental Security Income
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
  • Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
  • Tribal Head Start
  • Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
  • You can also qualify based on household income. If you are unemployed, you can use your Unemployment Benefit Letter as proof of eligibility.