Keep and Switch Fraud

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anyone else having trouble with TMobile meeting it’s promises. Three attempts now to be reimbursed for iPhone through keep and switch program. I guess they think you will just forget about what they promise you to get you to switch from AT&T. Just a new form of Corporate hot checks….. worst customer service I believe we have experienced…

53 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

what part of the program have they not followed through on. kind of hard to give any help if we are unaware of what was not completed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We still have not received keep and switch reimbursement for our AT&T iPhone 12 Pro Max. Every time it’s supposed to complete for reimbursement T-Mobile wants us to resend documents to start over. T-Mobile had us pay off the phone then switch without fulfilling its advertising of paying for the iPhone balance. All documents have been submitted 3 times. A complete deceptive trade practice.

Userlevel 1

We are having the same trouble. Advertising when coming to T Mobile was just to take a screenshot and reimbursement is easy. NOT AT ALL! I have had our case (4 phones!) escalated only to keep being told what I’ve submitted is not adequate. I sent 3 pages of a pdf of my final bill from Verizon, which I’ve had to pay out of my own pocket, twice now - that after sending multiple screenshots of our payoff amounts. Each time it’s another 10 days before I get a response. What is the solution? I wish I’d never switched now.

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile Keep & Switch is nothing but a FRAUD. I went to the Tmobile store with a friend and regrettably decided to switch from Verizon to Tmobile upon hearing about the keep and switch promotion. I paid over $1200/final bill to get out of the contract with Verizon with the FALSE promise that Tmobile would reimburse a portion of it. It's been almost 5months and I still have not received the $832 rebate. I have uploaded and emailed documents over 5times and told by customer service that everything is good, only to call back wks after to be told that the submission was denied and I have to wait another 15-30days!! SCAM!!!  Customer Service is very poor, no one follows up!  Would not recommend anyone to Tmobile! 

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know of anyone who has had a good experience with the Keep and Switch program?

Userlevel 1

I want to update that now, about 2.5 months later, I believe I have received my rebate and been able to use the card to transfer the money to my bank account. That hasn’t quite happened yet but it appears as if it should. The process is incredibly cumbersome but may eventually work.

Userlevel 1

I am also having trouble. I paid off two newer (but past the 90 day minimum) iPhones with AT&T in March 2022 and switched to T Mobile. I submitted the keep and switch program, expecting $800 per line as advertised. I included all info and documents needed following guidance for what the photos need to show. I was told it was accepted via a call I got a few days later from the rebate department after they asked me the IMEI of the devices. I gave them, reluctantly, since I own the devices and T mobile shouldn’t really need them. I called in May after 8 weeks went by and I didn’t receive the prepaid cards.  Another member of the keep and switch team told me the account was in an exception status and that he took care of it. He told me if I want the two $800 prepaid cards it will take up to another 2-3 weeks but if I’d take two $650 prepaid cards and a $300 bill credit he could process it immediately. I told him that wasn’t the deal and I want what I was originally promised. His name was Sam Ramos. Today, 3 weeks later, still no prepaid cards so I call again. I speak to another person named Mikee with the rebate department who tells me it’s in exception status as the AT&T logo isn’t in the photo I submitted (it is). She says the need the last bill from AT&T that shows the balance is over $800 on both phones and when the service plan started. I again reluctantly agree to this and send it. I ask to speak with a manager. She calls me back 3 hours later and tells me they cannot diabetes $800 prepaid cards without a much longer process where they could put it in exception status again. But if I agree to the $650 cards and $300 bill credit, her team can process it and it’s much faster. I agree, one last time, reluctantly to this as I don’t think I’ll ever get the $800 per line i was promised and frankly why I agreed to switch. Something tells me they rarely, if ever, honor the full $800 per line promise. 

anyone happen to know what the promotion code is?

I am also having problems getting my keep and switch rebate.  Transferred 2 iphone12 pro max phones from ATT to T-mobile. Paid off the remaining installment balances of about $500 each (&1000 total) to ATT prior to the transfer and submitted receipt and last ATT bill as requested. Checked status of the rebate 3 times and each time was told everything was approved and proceeding normally.  I would be informed soon that my virtual credit card would be available and how to use it… Nothing happened and when I again checked the rebate status it said “Denied”. Last time I was denied and enquirer was told problem was corrected and I was even given a 12 character “tracking code” that I was told assured that my rebate was approved… same result about 2 weeks later. “denied”. I am very angry,  I have wasted countless hours waiting on the phone and following detailed steps repeatedly in the application process. Still no success. T-mobile seems to be trying to literally steal $1000 from me. Considering turning this over to a lawyer and also suing for damages due to frustration and all the time lost when I could have been earning big money in my business.  Very angry and caution anyone else considering switching to T-mobile expecting they will actually follow through on the attractive “keep and switch” rebate. Buyer beware!!!!

We’ve have the same issue, Keep&Switch continues to tell us every month the problem is resolved and they gaurentee “this time” I will receive my virtual cards… We call them again and then the same response is given, “we assure you this was not your fault and we are here to help, we promise/gaurentee this will not happen again and you will receive them” I get confirmation numbers and names and yet T-Mobile will do nothing to resolve these issues? I go into the store and they can’t help since it’s a promotion and they send me back to the online service. 

T-Mobile Keep & Switch is nothing but a FRAUD. I went to the Tmobile store with a friend and regrettably decided to switch from Verizon to Tmobile upon hearing about the keep and switch promotion. I paid over $1200/final bill to get out of the contract with Verizon with the FALSE promise that Tmobile would reimburse a portion of it. It's been almost 5months and I still have not received the $832 rebate. I have uploaded and emailed documents over 5times and told by customer service that everything is good, only to call back wks after to be told that the submission was denied and I have to wait another 15-30days!! SCAM!!!  Customer Service is very poor, no one follows up!  Would not recommend anyone to Tmobile! 

class action at hand,,

These are the same issues I have. Submit docs, customer service says it looks good and then they deny the claim for the same reasons as before plus this time they added a new document request. 
Has anyone had a positive experience with this program?
if I wanted to get screwed this badly, I’d have stayed with my ex-wife. 
They should have named this program “Submit And Deny”. 

They have terrible customer service! I wanted to see an itemized bill after the autopay was done. The girl in customer service said that I had to wait until the next billing cycle came around to see the bill. I want a to be able to print it off. I have family members that are going to pay for their share. I need to show them in black and white. So I have to wait until the next billing cycle!! That is crap! Also the site said I am not the primary account holder and I have to ask permission. Crap again. She kept trying to tell me “yes, you are the primary account holder.” Then why does the computer keep saying the opposite! I am so frustrated because she could not even navigate the website. Let alone be very unhelpful for the bill! I am wishing I had never gone with TMobile!!!

Badge

I have spoken to T-Mobile many many times regarding their “KEEP and SWITCH” program.  I signed up for T-Mobile on 8/21 after having been with ATT for 16 years.  When I spoke to the rep on the phone regarding their promotions to come over, he informed me of several things.

1. I could go to the local store after paying my $175 “activation” fee to pick up my 5 sim cards for the lines I was bringing over to T-Mobile from ATT.  Upon arriving at the store I was told that this was not accurate and they would come in the mail.  Nice!  wasted an hour driving to and from the store to look like an idiot.  
  2. He also told me that I qualified for 4 of the 5 phones under the “Keep and Switch” program (I am now calling it the bait and switch program).  I told him that I owed $966 for each of the 3 iPhone Pro 13 Max phones and $540 for the Samsung Fold.  He stated that if I paid them off I would get $800 per phone which would more than cover my expense paid to ATT.  I took his word for it and signed up.  Paid ATT $3400+ on my credit card with the expectation that I was going to get most if not all of it back from T-Mobile.  I was told when signing up that I would see my rebate in 6-8 weeks.  
  3. On 9/13 I contacted RCS Solution Center (T-Mobile Rebate Center) to process my rebate.  I was told at this time that I would only get $800 per line and only the 3 iPhones qualified for the “bait and switch” program.  Meaning I paid almost $1000 more than I was to get.  The Samsung Fold, I was told was the wrong generation. Had I been asked by the rep who signed me up about which generation I had I would have happily told him. 
  4. I did call and get a supervisor on the phone and they did provide me with what is called an “insider” discount.  This is good for 20% off my bill forever.  Ok,  Great, there was an attempt to make the misinformation correct.  I didn't ask for this, I just wanted what I was told I would receive.  Nothing more.  
  5. I called again on 9/16 once I saw via the web portal that my “bait and switch” rebate had been denied and explained to another supervisor the situation, He was very polite,  He was able to get me a $500 bill credit to offset the majority of the Samsung Fold rebait that I was not going to get.  We spoke with the rebate center and I was assured by “a T-Mobile Expert” that I would be getting a text within in 5-7 days with my “virtual rebate” card.  and that they would keep an eye on my rebate status and call me personally.  
  6. On 9/23 after having gone a week with NO text or call i called again.  By this time I was starting to get frustrated.  I spoke with a supervisor who connected me to a Supervisor in the rebate center.  I was again assured my rebate would be process quickly and within 5-7 days I would see something.  I did tell the rep’s at T-Mobile that once we reached 60 days after activation of my services and that I had not gotten what I was told I would get that I would be going elsewhere.  Meaning on 10/21, If I haven't gotten what I was told via email and voice that I would leave.  
  7. Today, I called again because on the rebate portal I have had 5 different submissions for my rebate (all of which were processed by the rebate center) “DENIED”.  The latest one dated 9/29.  Again I was conferenced into the rebate team and “assured by yet another “T-MOBILE” expert that I would be getting my rebate.  He stated he would personally watch this and call me.  

I haven't asked for anything more than what I was told.  I have been told that I would receive $800 per line for the 3 iPhones, and also been told that I would get the $966 per iPhone due to the rebate max being increased in June.  I have several emails from the RCS center stating different amounts.  

The latest email I received is below. I changed the numbers to iphone 1 - 3 and the submission ID and Tracking number for privacy reasons. 

From: noreply@salesforce.com <noreply@salesforce.comOn Behalf Of RC Solutions
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 2:59 PM
To: ME
Subject: RE: Keep and Switch [ ref:_00D80ashm._5002E21HCSv:ref ]

Hi,

Thank you for reaching back to us, we checked and there was a new submission created on the same day please dont worry as we checked that the submission has no error's and it's on a Pending status.

Here's the details for reference.

Submission ID: not displayed

Tracking ID: not displayed
Amount :
iphone 1 - $966.61
iphone 2 - $966.61
iphone 3 - $966.61

Best regards,
T-Mobile Business Care
Edmon G
T-Mobile Business Services Group
www.T-Mobile.com

This has been a complete nightmare.  I spent 16 years with ATT and left due to bad service.  I didnt think it could have gotten worse.  Boy was I wrong.  I have spent hours upon hours on hold and speaking to many many folks at T-Mobile.  I have come to the conclusion that its highly unlikely that I will be getting any “rebate”.  I hope I am wrong.  I really do think that T-Mobile has a great line up of services for the price and could be my forever home.  I am cautiously optimistic.  I am not her bashing on T-Mobile, I hope I am wrong.  As of today we are 21 days away from the 60 day date.  I did ask the rep today why it took so long for a “virtual” rebate to be provided?  Apparently its a 3rd party who handles this and us being in the 21st century where everything is digital takes longer.  Not sure I get it.  

I think the staff at T-Mobile is amazing,  I think their extra freebies and phone services are great.  I just dont believe anything I have been told short of the insider and credit I did get.  

I would advise before spending large amounts of money out of your own pocket that you get everything in writing.  I started my services with T-Mobile in July with their home internet service.  It worked ok, but not up to the speeds I really need.  So last week I cancelled that.  I was told I would get a shipping label via email.  After several days it never came.  I was told by the rep that I could take it to the store, so I did that… Waited in line for about 45 minutes to be told they couldnt take the modem that I had to return it via UPS.  I called again to finally get a rep who actually processed the cancelation and did get the label within minutes.  Its been a ride let me tell you!!!  There have been other issues… Its reached the point that when I call in, the reps look over the notes and they just cant believe how crazy this has been.  

Attached is the online portal showing the rebates.. .of which all 5 submissions have been denied.

I hope it works out and others dont have to enjoy the same experience.  Fingers Crossed!!!  I do apologize for the bit of “sarcasm”.  Its the only way I can tell this without blowing a gasket.  

Again, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that this gets sorted out.  I hope I am proved wrong!!!  

The 5 submissions all look like this.  I have yet to get any reimbursements.  Like I said, I did get the bill credit for the fold and the insider discount.  I told the reps that I am happy to give that up in lieu of getting what I was told I would receive.  

Enjoy!!!

•  

Another victim of the Tmobile bait and switch.  Did an over the phone switch to T-Mobile with 6 phone lines after being a customer of Verizon for the past 25 years.  On the call the salesman ran all the phone imei numbers and stated that all 6 phones were good for the keep and switch promotion but only 5 lines would be reimbursed up to $1000 per line.  In addition I was told that all 6 lines would receive $200 per line for the ported in phone line.   I paid Verizon $3832 to payoff the 6 phone lines. 

Now T-Mobile is telling me that the $200 port credit and up to $1000 per line is not combinable but in addition 2 of the phones I paid off being Motorolas are not eligible at all.  

Spoken to countless people with promises of calls back from management with obviously no response.

At this point all T-Mobile says I can do is do the buyers remorse and get out of T-Mobile but where does that leave me?  Almost $4000 in the hole, a phone number that will no longer belong to me and 6 devices that can be considered bricks.  

Guess it’s time to call Verizon and see if the phones can be put back on contract so I don’t have to eat all of this money. 

By the way I only switched because T-Mobile has great service in my area and Verizon tends to be very spotty.

Yep, it’s now October and I first submitted in June. First it was that I didn’t submit the correct documentation. Then it was that I missed the 90 day submission window (due to all of the improper denials), now it’s that I used to have Sprint (I did….10 years ago before they were tied to T Mobile, I previously had Verizon for 10 years). The funny thing? My ex husband and I both switched from Verizon to T Mobile at the same time into order to separate out accounts. His submission for reimbursement of payments on his phone (about $180) got approved immediately, and here I am 4 months later and 8 calls later still waiting on my ($350) rebate. Total scam. Every time I call they tell me the previous denial was a mistake and this time I’ll get it and they’ll call me personally in 2 weeks to make sure I get it but nope, never happens. Really wishing I didn’t switch….

The Rebates department has a completely different set of requirements for the Switch and Keep promotion than the Sales department has. I followed the instructions from their Sales chat which included click-by-click instructions to screenshot the device upgrade page on Verizon’s self service portal. However, the Rebates department requires a final bill, which Verizon doesn’t provide until 1.5 months later and isn’t itemized so even then doesn’t meet their requirements. This essentially makes the program a scam by asking customers for something the service provider doesn’t even provide.

I’ve spent hours trying to solve this. They provide their “personal guarantee” that everything will be fine and not to worry. They’ve had me resubmit my claim 4 times, I’ve spent countless hours on the phone and with text and twitter support, and I still don’t have resolution.

They have two sites for tracking your rebate. On one site the exact same tracking number will show different results. One will show approved, while the other shows denied, but calling shows it’s processing. A complete unorganized mess!

I was excited for my change in service, I felt good about my change in service and I had a positive image of the T-Mobile brand. However, the time and effort I’ve put into trying to get this rebate has completely tarnished my view of their company. I now have an extreme hate for T-Mobile and wish I never made this switch. It’s a shame that what could have been a really positive experience that made me an advocate for their company has ended so poorly because of one department. I still haven’t been reimbursed. 

I think my next route is using Fair Shake, which is a shame because they take 20%.

The uncarrier is just another carrier. 

is any one ever get solving with the Fraud from T moblie? 

some bought 3 Iphone13pro max in my name. 

what part of the program have they not followed through on. kind of hard to give any help if we are unaware of what was not completed.

They have refused to honor the promises they made prior to switching. I have reached out on the phone and through email to have my reimbursements processed 5-6 times - on the phone for about 2 hours each time to get no where. Now, they are stating we have to wait 2 years to switch from the last time - I was never provided that information initially prior to switching.

Userlevel 2

Anyone else having trouble with TMobile meeting it’s promises. Three attempts now to be reimbursed for iPhone through keep and switch program. I guess they think you will just forget about what they promise you to get you to switch from AT&T. Just a new form of Corporate hot checks….. worst customer service I believe we have experienced…

Same here_ waiting for 3 months now!

Has anybody started a class action lawsuit due to this bait and switch? .. was denied after being told the phones qualified. so will start the journey the same as others. to get T-Mobile to honor there promise

Has anybody started a class action lawsuit due to this bait and switch? .. was denied after being told the phones qualified. so will start the journey the same as others. to get T-Mobile to honor there promise

we should all organize and do exactly that !!

Userlevel 2

Same here! 

Yup, seem more and more like a fraud. First they promised 2 rebates, keep and switch and 200.00 for each number brought over. I've submitted documents 3x and keep getting the run around. Now I'm told I have to pick snd choose which rebate I want. I'm still not any closer to getting my final device paid off. 

The pushy telesales person "gifted" me 2 timex watches not telling me that it's an extra 20.00 per line witdevice insurance on both, it jacked my bill up 55.00 extra dollars.to go with the extra 20.00 line for the Samsung pad" also gifted" to me. I didn't want any of this stuff.....I just wanted to change carriers. 

Switches beware of t-mobile's "FREE GIFTS"

Does anyone know of anyone who has had a good experience with the Keep and Switch program?

Took awhile, but T-Mobile wired my 2 phones (Spectrum) reimbursement ($758.24), good folks.