Keep and Switch Fraud

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anyone else having trouble with TMobile meeting it’s promises. Three attempts now to be reimbursed for iPhone through keep and switch program. I guess they think you will just forget about what they promise you to get you to switch from AT&T. Just a new form of Corporate hot checks….. worst customer service I believe we have experienced…

53 replies

I am going thru the same issue now with T-Mobile paid off $850 to move to them from Att but not realizing it was a fraud and after tons of calls and emails keep saying I am denied ,I sent them 4 pictures and logo and everything they requested then they sending back a email saying they want imei now,I never thought I was going get ripped off so brutally the public needs to know what’s going on this is gonna end up in a class action lawsuit.I already smell it.T-Mobile please stop playing games with customers and send my rebate as promised.

I'm having the same issue.  I have resubmitted the claim several times. Each time to be given a different reasons why I didn't qualify yet before we switched I met the criteria.  SO FRUSTRATING.

I am another victim of this fraud. My rebate got denied saying that this number already got a rebate in 2021 and there is 24 months cool down period which is not advertised anywhere. I am planning to take it to small claims court.

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/ComplaintForm.aspx

Userlevel 1

Now adding myself to this thread because I’m in the same situation…not going to submit my story because clearly T-Mobile isn’t responding to any of your requests/messages. So, given that we are all affected by this issue does anyone have an idea on how to further peruse this? I strongly suggest we all go a little higher. This is a good start below and in meantime we should bombard Corporate phone numbers with our complaints. Ideas? 

https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/ComplaintForm.aspx

Anyone else having trouble with TMobile meeting it’s promises. Three attempts now to be reimbursed for iPhone through keep and switch program. I guess they think you will just forget about what they promise you to get you to switch from AT&T. Just a new form of Corporate hot checks….. worst customer service I believe we have experienced…

Wow, we just switched, were promised rebate, and now new phone shows up on bill for $800. It seems this is a major scam. Probably the only way to resolve is to complain to Congress. MN Senator Amy Klobuchar loves to takes on this sort of consumer fraud: Senator Amy Klobuchar 1200 South Washington Ave #250, Minneapolis, MN 55415. 612-727-5220. The other alternative is a class action lawsuit. With all the complaints this seems like a no brainer. 

Userlevel 1

I have tried and tried without any resolution to get them to resolve my cell phone coverage. They state and the WEBSITE COVERAGE MAP  states that I have 4G and 5G extended service at my address. NOT SO! I have ZERO cell phone reception. Not even 1 bar on 4G. I just keep getting told over and over again for months now that they are working on the tower. ( A lot of good that did me the other night in a snow storm of 20 inches my phone only comes in over my WiFi and I lost that! ) So if I needed help, I was out of luck to say the least! 

It's funny though that my neighbors that live close to me have Verizon and or AT&T and their coverage is superb!

They claim to be of the best for coverage, but NOPE! NOT TRUE TO THEIR WORD AT ALL! 

So basically, I can only use my cell phone over the WiFi. Why am I paying them monthly (T-Mobile)  again? Oh yeah, I totally forgot,  I can drive 30 miles to the city and maybe connect to cell coverage and use it there once every year or so!!!  

Today they tried to have me buy a WiFi hotspot to use. I told the ( very nice by the way gentleman, Harris ) I'm already paying monthly for NO SERVICE and now you want me to pay for you to send me a WiFi hotspot on top of that so I can have the service you promised? 

NOPE , NOT TODAY  OR ANY OTHER DAY!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME , RIGHT?!

I just sent an email to our ATTORNEY GENERAL for the State of CT.  He actually had a small segment on last week about all of the problems with cell phone carriers and said to reach out to him with any ongoing problems. 

So if any of you are in CT. Give him a shout out that you are having problems.  🙂

I am so OVER paying out money for companies that don't hold up on there morals, values, and promises! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I am a victim of this promotion as well.  I’ve been told that my submission is “complete” and perfect but today I received a denied message, right at the 8 week mark.  The message says I was denied because the iPhone 13 is not a device that met the promotion requirement.  

This really need to be escalated.  Frankly I think the promotion was too good to be true but still, if it is, then don’t make the promise!  

I submitted Keep and switch, $200 promo and $150 magenta max promo , when I ported my number from Verizon to TMO at Costco Kiosk (T-Mobile owned). Looks like none of these promo are stackable eventhough that is how they are promoting these at Costco Kiosk with banners clearly saying you can combine them. Today my rebates got denied since these are not stackable, though previous customer representative and store mentioned otherwise.

Badge

I was with ATT and called T-Mobile.  Their sales rep offered me a promotion that would pay off my remaining ATT equipment balance and also a promotion that pays $200 per line ported into T-Mobile.  I went ahead and switched to T-Mobile and applied for the $200 Port in promotion no problem.  Upon applying for the Keep it and Switch promotion to pay off the ATT balance of $636 I was told by the promotion department that they were non-combinable.  So either the sales person was not trained properly or she told me anyway to incentivize the sale.  Upon talking to customer service they pretty much told me I was not going to get the $636 and apologized.  What a horrible way to do business and make customers suffer for believing their sales people.  I no longer trust T-Mobile nor will I ever believe anything they tell me.  I hate companies that do not stand behind what their sales people promise.

I was also denied. This is a scam. After having a store rep personally walk me through the process of checking eligibility, and helping me pay off three Iphone 12’s with ATT ($1500), the rep showed me how to take screen shots of the confirmations and told me the website to send them to. I did everything that was asked.

During this whole exercise I was constantly being skeptical, asking how this deal was possible, what are the catches, how does t-mobile make money, ect.  I was thoroughly comforted throughout the whole process by the rep even though I was clearly nervous to spend all of that money at once to pay off the phones.

Then a week later I checked the website and I was DENIED!   The entire reason I went to T-Mobile is because of this promotion.  Beware! It is a shameless scam to get you in the door.  I am marching myself to the store today to confront the employee, and talk to his manager. If they refuse to honor this deal, I am cancelling my contract and leaving bad reviews on every site.    I can’t believe the FTC lets them get away with that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Bring-your-own-device/Never-received-BYOD-rebate-notification/m-p/1694248

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Bring-your-own-device/Have-not-received-500-BYOD-Rebate-since-June-2022/m-p/1695666

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Bring-your-own-device/Bring-your-own-device-promotion/m-p/1693527

I’ve spent at least three to four hours on the phone with the T-Mobile rebate department and Northlane, T-Mobiles card service department and still have not received $500 in promotional rebates. 

I am having the same problem I called to sign up for home Internet and when asked which phone carrier I was with he proceeded to try and offer me a better deal if I switched to t mobile I was offered the 200 prepaid card plus an extra 100 one because he kept running into issues and ended up like 2 hours on the phone doing this. Anyways my monthly bill was supposed to be 156 for 3 lines and my home internet. Well it's over 200 and T-Mobile is saying that there is no way they can give me that deal. I ported 3 numbers  from cricket and signed a contract for 2 free phones and a free tablet that aren't really free I don't know what to do. I was switching internet cuz I was trying to cut my bills to make ends meet and ended up paying double what I was on my phones.

I’m having the same problem. I tried to submit the rebate online for 4 lines and it said I wasn’t eligible. I called customer service and they submitted the claim for me and gave me a tracking number. The tracker showed I was approved but when I went back to check the next week, the page gave an error saying no promotion found. I called customer service and they said they would send a card in the mail because the website had an issue and didn’t produce a virtual card. Waited 2 weeks nothing happened called back and they never submitted for the card to be sent so they said they had to do it again. I don’t understand what the issue is. I should have stayed with Verizon 

Scam don’t switch you will losses your current credit that you are getting now i am gone thru this process lost $2400 had to paid verizon to pay off device agreement 

After reading all of these, I’m slightly relieved that I’m not going crazy. I’ve been told countless times that my rebate will come in 7 days via text. And guess what, it doesn’t happen. You call back and get more and more frustrated/tired. Each call taking over 30 minutes to get to the right person and them to verify your account. It’s worse than robbery, it’s inhumane. Its torture. The patronizing overly polite techs on the other end just wasting your time. I vaguely remember a scam that Comcast pulled and was finally reported to the attorney general that resulted in a huge civil suit. What they would do is promise a promotion and when you went to redeem it, they would pass you around from department to department and then disconnect.  I can only think of the managers / higher ups who schemed this and how sick and ultimately lonely they are. 

Anyone got resolved their issues regarding this KEEP and Switch? 

what part of the program have they not followed through on. kind of hard to give any help if we are unaware of what was not completed.

No reimbursement since November 22 

I have been on the phone at the store and promised payment with hours of trying to get a check any way electronic mail however I’m really thinking of taking you to small claims court just to make a plant because $1500 is a lot of money to me. It is a lot of lying and running around to your customers and it is not fair and it’s illegal really

That’s all been together and start a small class action lawsuit against them for lying and giving people a hard time. This is ours an hours of peoples time and they are keeping the money they’re not gonna give it to us.

I switched from Verizon on July 4, 2023. I submitted for reimbursement on July 5th. Got my virtual card yesterday July 19th. It took 15 days and was all set. I sent screenshots of current Verizon bill and device pay out. That was it. I don’t know what you all did wrong?

I am a disabled senior, I switched to T-Mobile due to the keep and switch deal. I paid off my old account,over  800.00 that I did not have,based on promise I would get it back within 2 weeks. It's now been 3weeks, I have had to resubmit info 3 times now and keep getting denied. I am on a very limited budget and need this money back. I fear this is a scam. I will not stay with T-Mobile if I do not get my money back . Thank God my dil works for the weld co. DAs office.

I am having same issue paid of my ATT 4 phone total 3400, and now I submitted claim twice and they keep asking for different bills. first they said submit the bill which shows the balance, than they said submit which shows balance paid off

everyone complain to FTC, I had to do same in past for ATT