Question

Keep and Switch from US Cellular

• 21 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Has anyone here done “Keep and Switch” from US Cellular? I recently switched to T Mobile combining home internet and 2 lines. I paid $400 to US Cell in order to pay off my Samsung Zflip3 which I was told is eligible for Keep and Switch rebates. I’ve submitted the proof of payment and service agreement to the T Mobile rebate center but it was denied. I was called and told I need to send the final bill from US Cell which is forthcoming. But my concern is that the bill from US Cell is not going to have what T Mobile needs! US Cell states, “The bill will show a payment for that amount, but it will not have the name of the phone on the bill. UScellular bills do not provide that information on bills. The bill showing how much was paid along with the Proof of Purchase,  and a copy of the service agreement (I emailed you), will hopefully work. The service agreement doesn’t have the price but has the name of the phone.” 

I am confused! Why does this have to be so complicated? I’m worried what US Cellular shows in the final bill will NOT be what T Mobile needs for the rebate. My justification for switching cell service was mainly driven by them paying/rebating me the final money owed for that line.

Please help!​​​​​​​

1 reply

Same thing happened to me, I was offered 200$ per line to switch from US cellular, then was denied because it was not transferred from the correct source. Bait and Deny. 

The only reason I switched in the first place was it was less expensive with the internet than US Cellular. Now without internet I'm paying 25% more and in a 2 year contract. Feel kinda scammed.