keep getting threatening enails about equipment that was returned

Badge

I keep getting threatening emails from T-Mobile after I returned a modem using the label T-Mobile provided. The modem was properly presented to the UPS store without any damage, they checked the modem and boxed it themselves. I kept the processing and tracking paperwork the attendant provided and it includes a tracking number as 1Z0545229095656395, “recieved by TMO GRC” on May 20. 2021. 

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh no. You can give this info to our Care team. They can escalate this on their end to make sure you don’t continue to get message about returning the equipment.

Badge

Hello, Can you please just have someone fix it, like send an email or something or whatever. I have things to do and T-Mobile doesn’t pay me a salary to fix their issues and sit on hold for hours to talk about my feelings and if I’m “happy with the service provided today” when you clearly got the gizmo back.

I’ll be happy with the service provided if I don’t have to waste time trying to fix T-Mobiles system issues for free without getting a salary. Last time I checked, I pay T-Mobile for service, not the other way around.

I don’t need to talk to anyone. Tracking number says you got. You can fix this. Please just fix it. I just want to pay the bill and not be bothered. I don’t want to live my life on the phone with your customer service all the time.

There is something fishy going on, T-Mobile is pulling the same stunt with me except Advance Auto Parts in Austin TX did not provide me a tracking receipt back in May. I returned the modem the same day the replacement came.

T-Mobile’s representative when asked, where do the returns go to? They said they do not know! How is that even possible, on top of that all packages are scanned by the pickup driver before UPS puts them on the truck or the tracking ID is not avail.

Another point, T-Mobile printed the pre paid label for the return and they are telling me “I don’t know where the return goes to” How ridiculous!  i have talked with other people and they told a friend of theirs was charged for a phone return, T Mobile said- we don’t have it and they even had a tracking slip.

I have disputed this charge and I will be dammed if am going to pay for it, T-Mobile you are setting yourselves up for a class action law suit. Fraudulent charges , on top of that where in the heck is a gateway modem worth $450.00!??  The person above “Magenta” is Totally correct, we should not be responsible for negligent service from another company. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the person above Magenta was the previous Admin for the site..as for his response to the original poster..they have all the info needed to back their claims. labels, receipts, as well as the actual tracking info.  having this would drastically help your case.

Doesn’t matter, - T Mobile  printed the packing slip, Its the UPS Drop off locations fault they gave me no receipt.  I know where the modems go back to- so just for that I know more than your customer service person - They go back to Ft Worth!  You guys printed the packing slip for return, you pay UPS shipment costs for that- surely somebody should be able to pull a Record!  Where’s the initiative?

You have no records? A billion dollar company, tries to screw people? Bottom line I am not paying for negligence either on your part nor the Drop off center for UPS here in Texas.

And since when does a Modem cost $450 either, I have used T-Mobile probably over 20 yrs if this does not get resolved, trust me , it will be known all over the place that you folks try to rip people off.

I have further evidence that I have dug up where other people did have a tracking number and you guys still tried to bill them.  I am asking that T-Mobile try to rectify this , not get into “Well we can’t find it here is your bill” I have ZERO PROOF any effort has been made on your side, just mine to defend myself. T Mobile will  lose a long time customer over this if it does not get resolved. Plus many more will know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you keep saying “you”, “you guys” and “your guys” as if i work for TMO..safe to say you didnt read below my post..those fine details tend to help...should be pretty obvious where they go just from this thread alone..its in the pic they posted. so the fact that TMO printed it out really doesnt mean a whole lot without a receipt or even a tracking number..for all you know the UPS store lost it or heck..could have taken it..but without any actual tracking info you cant really prove much..hammer that UPS store and or go above them to a regional manager to get the info you are needing. without any of that all it looks like is you didnt send it.

Quite honestly this is a waste of time answering you. But short and sweet

• If you don’t work for TMO then I really don’t care what you have to say
  • Brilliant suggestions- so glad you told me what I already knew what to do
  • Nobody calls me a thief or a liar, period.. why - because I am not.

No more replies back to whomever you are?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

cool..then keep stomping around without anything to back up your claims in here and see how far that gets you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @SJShire, We try to make the return process easy by providing the prepaid return label and it sounds like you did everything you needed to by sending the device back right away. If the process you went through was a warranty exchange, then our experts should be able to pull up a copy of the return label and see the address on it. We have a few different receiving warehouses in the country, so it makes sense why the person you spoke to may not have known off the top of their head. You are right that they probably should have used their resources before just telling you they didn’t know. With that said, the tracking label only goes so far. If the box is lost in transit, there are options that we have to escalate through UPS and that does not come back on the customer at all. A situation that we do run into sometimes, though, is that people will put that label on a box that has some random stuff in it. People have sent us rocks, grocery bags, trash, really old phones, and so much more. That is why tracking is not usually used as proof of receipt. It is a really crappy fact that some bad apples have ruined it for the rest of us. The good news is there are research options that protect honest people in situations like this. 

I wish that I had the capability to research the situation for you, but we don’t have the account access to review those finer details. We do want to make sure that you get some kind of resolution, though, so I would recommend reaching out to our T-Force team through Facebook or Twitter. They are an amazing and resourceful bunch and I am sure they would be able to get you more answers. 

Badge

I'm going through it right now. 3 bills received for a signal booster that was returned and recieved by tmobile. Tracking # provided as proof shows recieved in Fort Worth Texas. Now on my 6th phone call with another person who assures me, as they all have, that they are the one who will get this fixed. UNACCEPTABLE. Funny thing is the guy at the TMOBILE store said to MAKE SURE you keep your Tracking # as this tends to happen alot. He also said that the equipment I was returning wasn't even used anymore and cost around $25. TMOBILE is trying to hit me for overb$300. 🤣🤣 Unbelievable this company.