Question

Language

• 22 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

How do I reach a service rep that speaks English without a heavy, hard to understand accent?  I am an American with a hearing deficit which makes it very difficult to understand people with heavily accented English. I was in contact with no less than 4 reps today and each one’s enunciation of English was more difficult than the one before. I even specifically requested to speak with someone whose English was heavily accented and explained why. One told me she (? or he) told me they didn’t have an accent. The last rep, after again asking for less of an accent, accent was the most difficult to understand.  Because of this my service is still suspended.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you.

the NON ENGLISH speaking agent was horribly rude when I asked to talk to someone I could understand and not have to repeat over and over,  this horrible wait music is unbearable, since I wouldn’t talk to that person I have been on hold forever!  where are the english speaking agents I was guaranteed???  DO not tell me to start a F---ING conversation with a robot

I am infuriated I’ve called customer service so many times and I can’t understand what they are saying I asked for a supervisor and he tells me nah I can’t do anything. I was charged for a mistake they made and I can’t get help!!!!! At this point I feel they’ll be changing me extra if I’m not watching the bill. I’m so done with this nonsense. Why can we get help from someone that speaks clearly enough to be understood, this really shouldn’t even be an issue. 

the NON ENGLISH speaking agent was horribly rude when I asked to talk to someone I could understand and not have to repeat over and over,  this horrible wait music is unbearable, since I wouldn’t talk to that person I have been on hold forever!  where are the english speaking agents I was guaranteed???  DO not tell me to start a F---ING conversation with a robot

I can relate to the frustration you feel, I really do my best to work with people but if they can’t understand or know what an escalation is or if there is such department then I have a huge issue. 

I agree, I get so angry that I cannot understand any of the representatives with heavy accents!! How do I get one without an accent?

Not one reply? T Mobile doesn't care about our issues. For this I will find another provider that can answer and accommodate me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Not one reply? T Mobile doesn't care about our issues. For this I will find another provider that can answer and accommodate me 

the very first post explains how...and no..no reply from TMO because this site is primarily peer to peer assistance…

contact TMO either through Facebook/Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents...and you wont be able to complain about a language/accent barrier