Solved

LG V30 Phone 5g, Whats the status?

• 1 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I'm Curious on what the status is for these LG V30 phones for 5g access.

I purchased three of them and specifically told and sold as 5g capable.

All the news articles and comments from Tmobile back from 2017 stated these were 5g capable as sold as such.

still waiting on when these will have access to 5g as they were sold to me as.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 7 May 2020, 22:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The V30 won't have 5G.

I bought 2 of them and was never told that they were going to be 5G.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Great device, but doesn't have a 5G capable radio.  The LG V30 was never advertised as a 5G drive! 

Exactly....That is great device but does not advertised as a 5G drive

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I think the issue is with this article. They claim that since the V30 supports 600 MHz 4G LTE, that all it takes is a software update to get it working on 5G. Unfortunately, this is not correct nor was it ever something T-Mobile used in our advertising or product descriptions.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This is a fantastic phone. research leads to me, that they simply ignored this phone.

advertised or not (I’m sure they have before, when people don’t pay attention) on about the capability of 5g.

has band 71, wow amazing, great. -_- …

point is, the phone can handle it just fine, especially a 1Gbps phone.

either the phone DOES need a software update or simply a provisioning thing on tmobile’s side. if they wanted to, I believe this is literally all they need to do. (but gotta make money with “5g” only phones, in 2019/2020)

Anyways, here is a screen shot of my lgv30 phone, tmobile and stock. (android 9 update of course) CLEARLY under special hidden menu, shows a 5g capable device, waiting for it’s glorious commands from the gods to awaken such a soul. but you know….