Question

Lost my phone, need new sim card to so i can keep my old number

• 7 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I lost my phone and was hoping to have a new sim card sent to me so I can keep my old phone number. I'm currently on deployment in Poland, I plan on buying a phone here, and was hoping to have the sim card sent to me because I have heard that european tmobile stores wont be able to help me with the sim card here.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes.  Replacing your SIM, you can keep your same number.  Just request that when getting the replacement SIM and have them activate it with your number or send it to you unactivated and then call Customer Care to have it activated with the number on the phone that is lost.  You might even be able to deactivate teh SIM in your my.t-mobile account and add in the new SIM, once you receive it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  1. T-Mobile does not normally send SIMs abroad. They might make an exception but you might have to have it sent to someone Stateside who will forward it too you.
  2. I’ve made it a standard practice to carry a spare SIM when I travel abroad. There’s been a debate on various fora about whether or not a unactivated SIM has to be first used on T-Mobile’s network. Some people say yes others say no. What I’m getting at is that if you can have someone pick up a SIM at a T-Mobile store, get it activated, set a SIM PIN then FedEx it to you, that would be sure to work. They would need your account PIN to do that. 
Badge

T-Mobile allows you to replace the sim card in case you have lost the sim of sim card has been physically damaged due to any reasons, you can read the whole process here.

I lost my phone and sim card I want new sim card number same my old number

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I lost my phone and sim card I want new sim card number same my old number

You will need to purchase a new SIM card and have it activated with your current number.  That can be done the easiest in a T-Mobile Store because they can sell you the SIM and activate your number on it.