Lying and deceitful CS

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have never delt with such lying and unhelpful customer service before. I called about a promotion that T-Mobile had going on. After having my question answered, I decided to switch my service from AT&T to T-Mobile. I told the CS representative that I was wanting to bring my S22 Ultra over and later use it to upgrade to the S24 Ultra once it came out. The CS representative told me that I wouldn’t be able to do that, and I would need to get a new phone and trade in the S22 Ultra. They told me that my new phone would then be considered mine free and clear with the ability to use as a trade in once the S24 Ultra came out. Now I’m being told that because I have traded in my S22 Ultras and received a new phone I can’t upgrade for two more years. I was originally told that it’s my fault for believing the CS rep and the transcript with the conversation means nothing and should have read the doc I signed. I final was able to talk to someone that tried to come up with a solution. But was then sent to several other departments, all telling me that I’m basically screwed and will have to live with it.

Big mistake thinking switching to T-Mobile would be a good discission.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did the free phone have bill credits? If so that's why you can't upgrade since the phone is still being paid off.

Badge

Yes, i understand that but that's not the point. I was told when signing up that there wouldn't be any bill credits. I was told that the phone would be free and clear. I had been told there would be no bill credits and i could trade in the phone as soon as the S24 series came out. An obvious lie to get me to sign up. 

I'll definitely keep anyone i know from switching over and post in other places how T-Mobile uses deceitful practices to get people sign up and then are no help afterwards. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you use Facebook or Twitter you can use messenger on their platform for support.

Badge

If you use Facebook or Twitter you can use messenger on their platform for support.

I’ve been waiting for a response from Facebook’s “T-Force” team for 35 minutes now with no response or acknowledgement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’ve been waiting for a response from Facebook’s “T-Force” team for 35 minutes now with no response or acknowledgement.

I'm not sure what their support hours are on Facebook but I'm sure it's a skeleton crew after business hours.