Solved

Mexico & Canada Unlimited service doesnt' worked!

Badge

I'm in Canada now and during trip.
I added a service this Wednesday at a T-mobile shop. I heard that if I add Mexico & Canada Unlimited service, I will become using my phone in Canada. But I can use only be used where Wi-Fi is available. I want to use anytime. Is it possible to use it without Wi-Fi?

Also, I'm in trouble because I can't use Google Maps.

And do I need to change any settings?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 24 March 2023, 15:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you have roaming enabled in the Settings?  Roaming needs to be enabled for data and texts to be able to use data and MMS messages in Canada and Mexico.  

Badge

Thank you for reply.

I don't know how to set it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

first pic shows theyre connected to Bell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Bell and Telus (same company, same network) are the roaming partners for T-Mobile in Canada. 

@Saika What device are you using and did you purchase it from T-Mobile?  What part of Canada are you roaming in?

Badge

Yes, it connected to Bell. But I can't use my phone without Wi-Fi. I want to use without Wi-Fi. Is it possible?

Badge

Bell and Telus (same company, same network) are the roaming partners for T-Mobile in Canada. 

@Saika What device are you using and did you purchase it from T-Mobile?  What part of Canada are you roaming in?

iPhone 13. I added Mexico & Canada Unlimited service only $5 at a T-mobile shop. Vancouver.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Unlimited means for calling and texting.  You might get 5GB of data with that, which can go incredibly fast if you are using Google Maps and other high data usage apps.  After that, your data speeds are slowed down to practically unusable speeds. 

You might want to reach out.to Customer Care at 611 to check and see if.you have already exceesed that and are being throttled down to speeds so slow, apps like Google Maps will not work at all.  

Badge

I see. 

But I also can't text someone without Wi-Fi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I see. 

But I also can't text someone without Wi-Fi.

That is because iMessage requires data and doesn't send a text the traditional way as an SMS.

Badge

I see. Thank you so much!