Solved

MMS not sending

• 8 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello! Yesterday, randomly, my phone stopped sending MMS messages in the middle of a conversation. I haven't been able to send since. I have the Samsung galaxy S20. I was with sprint until it merged with t-mobile. Help?

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by FlamingoNut 8 July 2022, 22:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

do you still have a data connection? and what phone do you have?

Badge

I do still have a connection. At least I think I do? I can send and receive regular texts and receive group. I can call out and receive calls. Just can't send mms/group texts.

I have a galaxy s20

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

group texts/pic texts use data to send/receive..calls and normal texts use the voice side..did you try pulling up something that uses data like FB or your browser?

Badge

I’m having the same issue, Samsung Galaxy S8. Connectivity is fine. Anyone sending me a photo or video via text just says 

• No subject
  • Message size: 402KB
  • Expires: 2:33 PM, Jul 15

When I long click to download, Error: Network Error Occured pops up.

This issue started last night (07/07/22); dh sent me a video and basically the same message listed above was shown.

But, from what I’ve seen online after Googling this error just might be a Samsung issue. Beats me...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

in your case download a different texting app like Google Messages..try using that instead and have them resend the pic..see if you get the same error or if it goes through..most Samsung devices use the Samsung messaging app..which is by far not issue free...

Badge

in your case download a different texting app like Google Messages..try using that instead and have them resend the pic..see if you get the same error or if it goes through..most Samsung devices use the Samsung messaging app..which is by far not issue free...

I guess I’ll give it a shot. I’ve had this phone for quite some time now and never had any issues, until last night. Thanks for the help 😀🤞

EDIT:

My phone literally just had an Samsung update, I wasn’t really paying attention to what it was, so I just did without looking at the notification. Then someone sent me a screenshot that came over as usual, as did a picture attachment. So maybe it WAS a Samsung thing.

And someone else sent a pic, and although it says <Subject: NoSubject>, at least the picture came over as usual. Now, off to investigate that <...> nonsense 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Updates can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but for the most part they should be there to fix issues. I love it when they iron out wrinkles like this one!!