Question

My account was cancelled without notice

• 7 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I currently live in Canada and due to covid wasn't travelling to the united states. I had an old pay as you go account which i have kept up for many years. Thought it was expiring in august of this yr but recieved and email at 7:03 am that my account is being cancelled because i didn’t pay any money on it.

Called customer service and spoke to a young lady and she told me i was notified via text that it was expiring.

never recieved the text because the phone was off and if left on have multiple spam messages and that’s annoying.

asked if t-mobile can email me and tell me my account is cancelled. WHY cant they email me telling me to add time to my account??

her response was “we sent you a text”

all family and work people have that number which will be lost and going to be a pain to get another number and send to everyone.

looking for someone i can talk to that is on this side of the ocean to explain how a company who prides themselves for customer service can omit such a simple solution ???

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter.. you have i believe 30ish days roughly before they recycle your number..

Badge

they said i can keep the number if i add to account but lose the balance since it has been over 48 hours since the account was suspended

not the point of the money its the principle of the situation

constantly being put on hold to speak to supervisor and coming back with same answer didnt sit well with me and she could tell me if i would keep the same plan wich was over 10 yrs old

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can always try reaching out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter to see if they are able to help you quicker.  Prepaid accounts that go more than 60 days without an active plan are cancelled and the number goes back in the pool to be issued to another customer.  

Badge

i understand that problem is  i am not on social media ...no twitter, no face book…. nothing

is there another way

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately calling or going into a store or your only leftover options.

Badge

tried to call but tired of run around

not in mood of crossing border especially on a long weekend when everyone else is

thanks anyways anyway maybe someone else want my buisiness

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

always possible..but if you are saying that in hopes that TMO will jump over and fix everything for you in here, it just wont happen. peer to peer assistance.

if they said you can keep the number if you add to the line..where is the issue? what plan were you on? add whatever minimum you need to keep the number going and then turn around and switch it do a different carrier? at this point the more days that pass the less chance you’ll have to get any of this fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

they said i can keep the number if i add to account but lose the balance since it has been over 48 hours since the account was suspended

not the point of the money its the principle of the situation

constantly being put on hold to speak to supervisor and coming back with same answer didnt sit well with me and she could tell me if i would keep the same plan wich was over 10 yrs old

Unfortunately once a prepaid account is closed all funds are lost since prepaid plans are non refundable per the terms and conditions.