Question

Network or Sim card error

• 20 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

When I try to make a change (or stop) Call Forwarding I get “Network or Simm Card Error.”  I have reinserted Simm card, restarted phone several times.  Have no other problems with phone or SIMM card.  What do I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try replacing the SIM card.  If that doesn't resolve it.  It is probably an issue with your device.  

no, not the phone. my friend 70 miles away same phone has same problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Turn off WiFi and try again. If that doesn’t work see if you can set the phone in 2G/3G mode and if you get a signal, try again.

Thanks, tried all that except for 2g 3g don't exist any longer.  Current the phone is forwarded correctly, but by accident I found this problem  and if I ever want to change the forwarding it would be a problem.

I’ve had that issue on my Pixel 3. T-mobile told me I needed a new phone. Purchased new Pixel 7 and continued to get the same error. Tried multiple SIM cards and even eSIM to no resoluation. Tmobile finally sent me over to talk to the phone manufacturer. The engineers there ‘think’ they know what happened and have programmed an update for the next round of updates, whenever that is. 

They REALLY need an option for users to log into their portal to turn call forwarding ON/OFF as necessary. I’m so sick of waiting on hold DAILY to turn the call forwarding on or off. Half of the time, the rep doesn’t know how to do it and it takes 15+ minutes.