Question

Not receiving SMS from international numbers

Badge

People in Europe are trying to send me SMS, but I am not getting any. How can I get TMobile to fix that problem?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I haven’t had any issues sending or receiving texts from the UK, Germany, or Australia.  

Badge

Are they using +1 for the US country code? Or perhaps 001?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Depends on the country. I have not been able to receive an SMS from Greece since December (and they cannot receive them from me either) but that is not true of all countries. Maybe T-Mobile will one day decide to have its engineers actually work on it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Depends on the country. I have not been able to receive an SMS from Greece since December (and they cannot receive them from me either) but that is not true of all countries. Maybe T-Mobile will one day decide to have its engineers actually work on it. 

Mentioning Greece specifically does help narrow things down a lot.  I don’t know anyone in Greece to test whether or not texting works.  Correct number formatting when calling and texting is very important in both directions.  Have you tried reaching out to Customer Care to make sure there isn’t a block on international calls and texts on your line?  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mentioning Greece specifically does help narrow things down a lot.  I don’t know anyone in Greece to test whether or not texting works.  Correct number formatting when calling and texting is very important in both directions.  Have you tried reaching out to Customer Care to make sure there isn’t a block on international calls and texts on your line?  

Six tickets over two weeks, with zero result. Hence I even reached out to the community here on a different post if anyone knew of any way to escalate this (they told me they never do--they only look at the customer line only)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try reaching out to T-Mobile via DM through Facebook or Twitter.  You start off at a tier 2 level of support that way.  Hopefully they can find a resolution or at least look further into things for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try reaching out to T-Mobile via DM through Facebook or Twitter.  You start off at a tier 2 level of support that way.  Hopefully they can find a resolution or at least look further into things for you.

Sadly, six tickets later, four of them with twitter, have yielded no results.

Badge

The December 2022 time line matches with when I started to have issues as well. I wonder what was implemented and never disclosed to the customers.  😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

The December 2022 time line matches with when I started to have issues as well. I wonder what was implemented and never disclosed to the customers.  😁

There are so many elements to this that would be funny if not completely frustrating. For example, I did get many calls from some executive team, and it seemed like they had no access to the previous tickets. In one call she kept asking me what is that “Cosmote” carrier in Greece I was texting to. So I had to educate her that it is yet another Deutsche Telecom subsidiary, same as T-Mobile. 🙄

https://www.cosmote.gr/cs/otegroup/en/omilos_ote.html

But of course, that did not lessen the impossibility of sending and receiving an sms from one subsidiary to the other...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

were you expecting a phone call or text to let you know what all was going on and what they did to fix it?

this something that happens with other carriers often? they up and contact everyone to let them know things are fixed?

Badge

I’m facing the same issue. I’m unable to send or receive text message from India. All my Bank OTP’s and individual Text all got blocked by TMobile. 

Checked with customer care and unable to find the block where it's happening. Ticket raised SIM card replaced with new one but still no Clue. 

I’m planning to request my bank to enable the OTP for email to get the transaction. This is Painful and so frustrated. 

I was wandering if there were any updates to this ticket. I am experiencing a similar issue with the an Italian company and I am not able to go forward since I cannot receive their SMS messages.. 

Badge

From what I seen this is something they don't care to address. It may even have something to do with sanctions and money laundering laws in the US. This is speculation on my part.