Solved

Note 10 BOGO Promo Question

• 30 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I have two lines with T-Mobile 55+ company and I want to get the Note 10 plus and get a note 10 for free, but they are telling me I have to add a new line (so I'd be adding a third line in order to qualify to buy a note 10 plus and get a second note 10 free, so here's what I am thinking - if I add a third line and do the promo to buy a note 10 plus and add a third get a note 10 for free , but since I only need 2 lines I want to cancel the second line I currently have that is not part of the purchase or the new line I'm adding, it's a line I've had for over a year that does not have a contract or phone debt and if I add a third line to qualify for this promo I won't need my second line, would this effect my promotion deal? T-Mobile rep says yes and that I have to wait 90 days before cancelling in order to not effect the promo, but I don't understand why that would matter if my first line is buying the initial note 10 plus and a third line is being added to qualify for the promo (the promo says buy a note 10 plus and add a new line to qualify for a free note 10 or $950 in credits towards a new note 10 plus) so why would my second line that has nothing to do with my purchase of the new line credits effect my promo ? I should be able to cancel it after the promo without effecting my deal right? I was told if I cancel after 90 days it won't effect my promo but why would that matter if I cancel in one day or 90 days? The promo says you can't cancel the new line you added, or the first line which initiated the purchase of the note 10 plus, I don't see why it would effect anything, please advise 😥 I feel like I'm being forced to switch to another carrier just to switch to lines and qualify for the promo without having to keep a third line, please help

icon

Best answer by gramps28 30 August 2019, 07:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Tmobile 55+ plan has a 2 voice line limit. They did have a limited time offer last November of adding

a line for $30 but I believe that is expired so there is no way to add a line unless you change plans.

T-Mobile ONE™ Unlimited 55+

Limited time offer; subject to change. Unlimited 55+ General Terms: Postpaid only. Max 2 voice lines. Participating retail locations (and for existing customers, Care) only. Credit approval, deposit, and $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls,

Yes, they did say we would change my plan but my issue is that they're telling me if I add a third line to qualify I can't cancel the second line on my account which is not part of the BOGO deal at all and I don't understand if they're just saying that or if that's correct

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don't work for Tmobile but all these Bogo offers have different requirements.

If the credits don't start for up to 90 days and you were to cancel the other line before then you will lose the credits

since you basically haven't added a line.

You can try contacting Tmobile support using messenger through Facebook or Twitter and get a better answer.

Deals & Promotions | Deals On Phones, Tablets & Accessories | T-Mobile

If you cancel wireless service before receiving 24 bill credits, credits stop and remaining device balance at full price is due on both devices; contact us before canceling to instead make monthly balance payments. Tax on pre-credit price due at sale. Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, Plus plan, additional line (2+ total), & finance agreements required. If you have canceled voice lines in past 90 days, reactivate them first. Note10: $0 down + $39.59/mo. x 24, pre-credit price: $949.99; Note10+: $149.99 down + $39.59/mo. x 24, pre-credit price: $1,099.99. 0% APR. Up to $950 in bill credits on lower-priced device. $10 SIM card, and, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 assisted or upgrade support charge may be required. Must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 6 free or discounted devices/account. May not be combined with some offers or discounts (e.g. Carrier Freedom).

Userlevel 2
Badge

ATT has the same requirement.  I got an IPHONE X several years back.  Big combined rebates between Costco and ATT.  New line required. The language clearly stated I can’t make ANY changes to my plan before 90 days. I waited the full 90 days plus an extra 2 weeks.  Got my rebates.