Solved

One Plus vs. One Plus Promo?

• 17 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Helper Level 1
  • 11 replies

The description of "One Plus Promo" matches what we've seen in the news over the past week or so, except with the addition of "for a limited time." The description of "One Plus" minus the "Promo" seems to match, but includes unlimited GoGo inflight WiFi service with no "limited time" caveat, and seems to cost $5/month. Are these the only differences between One Plus and One Plus Promo?

If I'm remembering correctly, the original T-Mobile One plan included 1 hour of GoGo inflight WiFi per flight. Is that still included in the "One Plus Promo" offering?

If I want the $5 One Plus in order to get GoGo service for a few long flights, can I turn it on for a month and back off again without losing the HD video streaming and full speed tethering?

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 24 February 2017, 02:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3

Great questions!

This should help:

ONE Plus (Additional $5)

• Unlimited 4G LTE device data
  • 10GB 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile Hotspot (3G speeds after that)
  • Unlimited HD video streaming (must be activated)
  • 2X faster Simple Global data roaming (up to 256kbps)
  • Gogo in-flight unlimited (unlimited flights)
  • Name ID
  • Voicemail to Text
  • Limited domestic data roaming

ONE Plus Promo (Limited time only)

• Unlimited 4G LTE device data
  • 10GB 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile Hotspot (3G speeds after that)
  • Unlimited HD video streaming (must be activated)
  • 2X faster Simple Global data roaming (up to 256kbps)
  • Gogo in-flight 1 hour (unlimited flights)
  • Limited domestic data roaming

If I want the $5 One Plus in order to get GoGo service for a few long flights, can I turn it on for a month and back off again without losing the HD video streaming and full speed tethering?

Yes, if the promo plan is still available.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

tmo_amanda wrote:

Yes, if the promo plan is still available.

The fact that the plan is called "promo" should have been a strong clue, if I'd been paying attention.

Is anybody prepared to say just how temporary this plan offering is?

Userlevel 3

@rbob, as of right now an end date has not been made available. I know that doesn't help you out much but switching back and forth between plans is probably not a great idea because you may not be able to switch back.

Would Be Nice if they brought that promo back again for a limited time... id jump on that

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

In short don't switch between plans. It will just lead to headaches down the line. I personally choose to pay the extra 5 dollars for things like name ID and voicemail to text.

The One Plus feature is still available, the promo part was the pricing. It's $10 monthly now but you can still add it with the same benefits.

oh i know you can get it for $10 was just saying the Promo if it was offered again i'd jump on it because its basically HD Video Streaming and 10gigs of Hotspot data for free... all i really care about is the HD Video one of my lines has it

The prices in 2020 is $15/mo line for the billing month or any part of a billing month. It drops to $10 if you add every line in the account through customer service. The Gogo is 1-hr is now included in T-Mobile One amd One Plus makes it unlimited. 

One Plus Promo is free snd available from customer service to T-Mobile customers in 2020 who have subscribed since 2014. (Long-term customers). The double speed data is available in 140+ countries, not 210+ like One Plus. However, the online link on both never really confirms your chosen country or the country list, so you are supposed to guess that it is the same as the Stateside International free landline countries of the same number for One Plus. They are working on fixing that. However, in the app where you see your added services for One Plus Promo, it says 140+ countries, not 210+ countries, and again, the country list is not linked.