Question

Paid off Iphone 13 Pro max early and no longer getting credits

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I purchased my son an iPhone 13 Pro around Thanksgiving 2021 on a payment plan with a Iphone 8+ trade in. End of  December 2021 I paid the phone off in full and now don't see any credits applied to my January bill $3.60x29 months = $104.40.  T-Mobile store rep said when we purchased the phone we can pay off early and still receive the credits, which we did.

We bought our daughter an iPhone 13 yesterday with the trade of an X and the upcoming billing shows no remaining credits for my sons phone just the normal monthly billing cost plus the installment plan for her phone. 

This is how I discovered the problem

Am I out the $104.40 credits for the Trade?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to look at the fine print of the promo.

The last time I bought a phone with bill credits I had to wait the 2 years to pay the phone off.

I've been through this numerous times with T-Mobile if you pay it off early you lose the credits

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You need to look at the fine print of the promo.

The last time I bought a phone with bill credits I had to wait the 2 years to pay the phone off.

Yeah.  More and more promos are turning out that way.  My 8T promo has that in the fine print as well.  If it didn’t, I would have paid it off a few months into the promo.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I payed off early twice but I always called to make sure I would continue getting the promotional credits and noted that acknowledgement in my account. I also make them take payment over the phone with the same rep who noted the promotional credits would continue. I had no problems and am still getting the promotional credits as promised. One phone I used to trade in for a TMO promotion and the other phone I traded in a Apple.