Question

Paramount plus freezes

• 7 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Over the past month Paramount plus on my LG TV freezes during commercials. When it does, I have to back out of the app completely and then go back in. The app picks up where it left off just before the commercials began, then runs through the commercials again and then maybe continues on to the programming. Sometimes it happens multiple times before I can get the programming to re-start. Then the show I’m watching runs flawlessly until the next commercial and then it’s pretty likely that the problem will start again. I’ve closed and reopened the app, even deleted and reinstalled it. Still the same issue. This is happening on my home network that’s running through my TM gateway. I’ve researched online and see that it’s not an uncommon problem yet there’s no indication of a fix coming from T Mobile, not even an acknowledgment of the issue. Any suggestions? I’ve thought of getting some kind of exterior mounted signal booster but wanted to be sure I’d exhausted my options first. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If your other streaming services on your LG TV are working, boosting the signal will not solve this problem.

I have not had any trouble with Paramount + (with ads) on either of my Roku TVs.  Do you have a Roku or Firestick that you could try?  That would bypass the LG TV’s OS and the LG Paramount+ app.  If it works on the Roku or Firestick, then the problem is with the app for LG or the LG OS and I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a fix.  If the separate device doesn’t work, then I don’t know.  🤔